the Rift

[OPEN] an elephant is born [hatching]

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
Tembovu & Mwebene
If Tembovu’s brows would have been able to rise any further, they would have at Aji’s compliment of Sohalia’s name. Though he was right, and the Elephant nodded his head in agreement as he swung navy eyes back to pale dove. They were caught by the small smile, and the ease which relaxed her withers and the bonded zephyr perched upon them.

An ear flicked sideways towards Aji, followed by a sideways glance at the sly smirk upon his face. Lines creased around his navy eyes; in times past, the Elephant general would have welcomed such hints by his friend. But, in times past, that would have stemmed from his friend directing him towards useful friendships to exploit.

Now was different. And now, with himself feeling so raw and exposed (and part of his soul had just left to join the elephant at Sohalia’s side), he was uncomfortable at the words of his friend. Though, at the stirrings of pride on his face at the mentioning of the Edge, he smiled lopsidedly— glad that the serpent found a niche in his herd so easily.

“I have not yet visited Dragon’s Throat,” was all he could offer about the herd of southern sands. It was curious, the amount of regret that flared across her face at mentioning the place— but, again, the King does not pry.

But Mbwene was a different story. At the quiet whisper of sounds from the glowing being, her trunk changed course from her shoulder to her muzzle. The dexterous appendage (or what would be dextrous, when she was more than a few hours old) sought to feel and explore the velveteen source of such warm words. It was quite the contrast to the broad, whiskered muzzle that had greeted her as she hatched. This was plush and smooth, silken and pristine white. A soft squeak sounded from her little brassy throat.

Tembovu watched, chuckling at the poisoner’s words about his new bonded, “I think you are right, Aji. Though I cannot wait if, or when, you have a companion of your own. The bond is…” he trails off, searching for a word as his eyes inadvertently seek out Sohalia’s for help in describing the bond.

credit

@Kiuaji
Chaotic- I can edit out the mild PP of Mbwene touching Soh's nose if you'd like!

Please tag Tembovu.

Messages In This Thread
an elephant is born [hatching] - by Tembovu - 01-31-2016, 08:49 AM
RE: an elephant is born [hatching] - by Kiuaji - 02-01-2016, 08:22 AM
RE: an elephant is born [hatching] - by Sohalia - 02-07-2016, 07:56 PM
RE: an elephant is born [hatching] - by Tembovu - 02-09-2016, 03:17 PM
RE: an elephant is born [hatching] - by Kiuaji - 02-09-2016, 04:49 PM
RE: an elephant is born [hatching] - by Sohalia - 02-14-2016, 05:13 PM
RE: an elephant is born [hatching] - by Tembovu - 02-22-2016, 12:56 AM
RE: an elephant is born [hatching] - by Kiuaji - 02-22-2016, 12:01 PM
RE: an elephant is born [hatching] - by Sohalia - 02-26-2016, 09:50 AM
RE: an elephant is born [hatching] - by Tembovu - 03-01-2016, 11:16 PM