the Rift

Vultures Circle

Faeanne Posts: 61
Outcast
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3hh :: 2 Years :: Birdsong
TierRen

“Too late, you’ve already got all my time.” I have to fight the laughter that threatens to follow in response to his own. My teeth hold my tongue in place but I doubt that the laughter could be hidden in my eyes. It is only whenever I think back and realize that he could have been laughing at me that I feel my feathers ruffle and my eyes loose the laughter that they held.

"Graasvoel, Gaal," my voice is saturated with sarcasm at the mention of the nickname he had offered so freely, "Tell me, what makes you think that I desire so much of your time?" Despite how infectious his laughter had threatened to be I cannot say that I am impressed with his inflated ego; it is so large that I suppose it may be a wonder that either of us are capable of standing in the clearing alongside it. But a question churns in my stomach that would do so for days if I allowed it to go without answer, "Who would wish to spend such time with me?" My eyes immediately drop to my hooves. A blush flushes my face brought on by the embarrassment of actually going as far as to voice the question and with distaste with myself for having lowered as far as to ask a stranger. It was enough for me to hope he would not follow me to the Dragon's Throat.

“The pleasure’s all mine, Faeanne.” I cautiously raise my eyes back to his face and I search for any lies that he may hide within the words. The change in his tone leaves me to wonder what had crossed his mind and only makes me wonder more of what he may think of me. I hate how I clamber for the acceptance of others. I crave some sort of validation; I thirst for someone to give me their approval whether it be stranger or not.

“It is ‘part of your duty’? Try not to sound so thrilled about it, sweetheart.” Laughter followed with only a slight snort of discomfort comes after he puts such emphasis on the endearment. Graasvoel had, without a doubt, noticed the discomfort and annoyance that his previous attempt at speaking in such a manner had given me. He was trying to push my buttons. In some sort of odd way knowing what he tries to do makes me feel more comfortable around him. It makes me feel the need to be more honest with him.

"I just don't--" I start to explain to him how I feel about the Throat. I start to put to voice how I feel as though I am only welcome there due to the God of the Sun. I almost tell him that I feel as though I was only healed by the god because he wanted another pretty face to add to his collection. "You shouldn't join the Dragon's Throat." I do not get a chance to say any of what I think before the beautiful stranger steps between us with both her body and her opinion. I only look to Graasvoel and shrug, because what more is there to do?

"You smell of the City on the Plains." I am put on edge by her attitude towards the stallion. Did they come from the same place? Was he a threat? "Whatever havoc you intend to bring to Helovia will not be dished out upon the Dragon's island." My eyes widen in fear at her words and also with a touch of betrayal. Obviously we were not friends, but I had been about to open myself to Graasvoel for whatever addle brained reason. I write him off as a reminder that one cannot open so easily to strangers. "You would be better suited to the World's Edge." Her following words make me narrow my eyes in confusion, "Is it not unwise to invite someone to your own herd that you do not trust to join another?" Afterall, the Dragon's Throat is known for its adept warriors.

Notes; @Graasvoel and @Orithia

IMAGE CREDITS | CODING

please tag Fae in all posts
link to thread tracker

Messages In This Thread
Vultures Circle - by Graasvoel - 01-31-2016, 07:23 PM
RE: Vultures Circle - by Faeanne - 02-02-2016, 07:56 PM
RE: Vultures Circle - by Graasvoel - 02-09-2016, 10:27 AM
RE: Vultures Circle - by Faeanne - 02-13-2016, 09:52 AM
RE: Vultures Circle - by Graasvoel - 02-19-2016, 07:19 PM
RE: Vultures Circle - by Orithia - 02-22-2016, 06:43 PM
RE: Vultures Circle - by Faeanne - 02-26-2016, 08:27 PM