the Rift

[OPEN] A Peaceful Refuge [welcoming]

Elspeth Posts: 40
Absent Abyss
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 7 years
Sarah
Elspeth
I took full advantage of Zandora’s pregnancy and my complete state of exhaustion to take as many breaks as I could and to set an easy pace. Had he been able to, I was sure that Calder might have preferred for us to move a little faster, if only so that his own strides might come easier, but the stag didn’t seem to be one prone to complaining about such things. There was some small talk between us, but the trip was mostly spent in silence. I was incredibly curious about everywhere we passed, everyone we saw, but I didn’t have the energy to ask the questions building up in my mind never mind actually put them into words.

And I quickly discovered just how damn big this Helovia place was.

The climate made a noticeable shift as we travelled further north and I caught myself drifting closer to my companions on occasion - the instinct for body warmth at war with my wariness for these near-strangers. I still couldn’t say that I absolutely trusted this pair but we had made it across the land and to their home without incident. Every time I caught myself driving toward one of them, I’d quickly adjust my stride and avoid eye contact - my cheeks burning whenever it had been Calder. Hardly a rational response but I blamed it on my exhaustion. I had been on-edge for so long and now I was utterly worn out.

When it got to the point where I was staring at my hooves, focusing intently on making my legs moved, I decided I had probably been walking for far too long. I fumbled to a stop, my golden eyes looking around at the mountainous terrain and sincerely hoping that we weren’t going to have to do any climbing to get to where we were going. “Are we almost there?” I asked timidly, not wanting to complain but feeling the tremble in my limbs that told me whether or not we were close to the Basin, I was likely going to collapse soon and would not be moving from that resting spot.  
give me the sun that shone
Image Credit
table by Sevin

@Calder
@Zandora
@Rexanna
<33

Messages In This Thread
A Peaceful Refuge [welcoming] - by Elspeth - 01-31-2016, 10:53 PM
RE: A Peaceful Refuge [welcoming] - by Zandora - 02-03-2016, 09:43 PM
RE: A Peaceful Refuge [welcoming] - by Calder - 02-06-2016, 01:29 AM
RE: A Peaceful Refuge [welcoming] - by Rexanna - 02-06-2016, 02:35 AM