the Rift

[OPEN] A Peaceful Refuge [welcoming]

Elspeth Posts: 40
Absent Abyss
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 7 years
Sarah
Elspeth
I wrongly assumed that Rexanna’s approval meant that we would be whisked into the Basin and I would be free to sleep. Although I was grateful for her acceptance of Calder and Zandora’s judgement - even muttering a soft  “Thank you.” - I was dismayed to be faced with more conversation. Which was unfortunate all around - Rexanna seemed very kind and I was powerfully curious about everything she said - but this just wasn’t the damn time for all of that!

Still, I did my very best to smile through the exhaustion and to pay attention to everything that she said. The question about what skills I had to offer took me by surprise - I glance to Calder and Zandora for confirmation that this was normal. Would I be admitted if I had none? “I have some skills as a healer using herbs.” That had been, after all, what had turned me from a slave used for breeding to one with a purpose. It was once a skill I enjoyed using, when I had the freedom to do so. But beyond that… what skills could I possibly have that would be of a benefit to them? “I’m afraid I don’t know much about what the options are…” More uncertainty as I trailed off - we hadn’t gotten to that part of the recruitment, it would seem. It sounded as though they all had jobs - which would certainly be refreshing to see after the chaos after the last month. It seemed as though I had a lot to learn about the Basin - how Rexanna was a lead but not one of the leads confused me greatly. She appeared to have some sort of power and certainly had the respect of the pair I was standing with.

Of course, the more I was trying to sort it all out in my head the thicker my head felt - I lowered it and shook my head to keep myself awake, to keep myself focused. I feared if we stood here talking much longer I would fall asleep on the doorstep instead of inside what had been promised to be a well guarded herdland. “Would it....” I hate that I don’t know the protocol, don’t know if I’m being rude, but then I quickly decide that I don’t care if I’m being rude and I hope that Rexanna will understand. Though, again, I’m not sure if in this moment if I care whether she does - though I suspect I will care after I sleep. “I would love to hear more about the ranks but I feel like I might collapse any moment. It’s… it’s been a long year.” I couldn’t remember the last time I had a decent sleep or even a decent meal except for what we had stopped for on the way up here.  
give me the sun that shone
Image Credit
table by Sevin

@Rexanna

Messages In This Thread
A Peaceful Refuge [welcoming] - by Elspeth - 01-31-2016, 10:53 PM
RE: A Peaceful Refuge [welcoming] - by Zandora - 02-03-2016, 09:43 PM
RE: A Peaceful Refuge [welcoming] - by Calder - 02-06-2016, 01:29 AM
RE: A Peaceful Refuge [welcoming] - by Rexanna - 02-06-2016, 02:35 AM
RE: A Peaceful Refuge [welcoming] - by Elspeth - 02-06-2016, 02:52 PM
RE: A Peaceful Refuge [welcoming] - by Rexanna - 02-20-2016, 08:45 PM
RE: A Peaceful Refuge [welcoming] - by Elspeth - 02-20-2016, 09:37 PM