the Rift

Ignore the Cold, It's Just a Feeling [Sandman]

Rowan Posts: 76
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: 3 Years 4 Months
Brit

The fears Rowan had melted away as the palomino male spoke. A lilting smile appeared, relieved. She was over thinking things again it seemed. This was a comfort to her and she relaxed, no longer feeling afraid. They both seemed kind, so she found no point in being nervous. Rather delighted when she came to this conclusion, as she was more of a jubilant soul than her shy persona. Rowan was grateful that her shyness was small, or she could never be herself. Sandman's comment on warmth had her giving a soft snort, not offensive merely agreeing. "It is rather cold, a shame the beach has also suffered. Yet I find that anything can be overcome if you will it away. I have no use for pain, so why focus on it when you can just as easily ignore it? Pain is a silly thing that keeps us from doing what we enjoy because the thought of it is not appealing to us. I despise that. That's why I still swim this season." Smiling pleasantly, happy that her stutter vanished. Now, though, she was exposing her past and also feared they would find her strange for finding pain a mere inconvenience. Rowan grew up in a harsh wasteland with no herd. Pain was always there in different forms. She had learned to block it out years ago. Realizing she was distracted she turned to hear the other male speak. Intrigued by his name and sighing at yet another thing she hadn't encountered. Even if she had wanted to reply, they were interrupted by the dog shaking a mess of water and muddy sand onto their coats. Rowan jerked back instinctively but laughed anyways. "It's quite alright, Ricochet. Dirt has never hurt anybody." Watching the dog, 'Guns' apparently, with an amused smile.

Dark teal eyes turned back to Ricochet as he continued to explain why he was there. "Hmmm...I admit that the same urge has taken me here. I am not yet comfortable in my own herd, I have never seen winged or horned equines before. I needed to collect my thoughts after a rather...frightening encounter." Thoughts returning to Prometheus and Kri's fight. Grimacing and shaking her head.

Sandman had not spoken much and she looked up at him curiously. "Are you within a herd?" He seemed quite friendly, though she had only just met him. Rowan blew out a soft breath and regarded them both for a short while. "You'll have to excuse me. I have never really met any stallions before...if I come off wrong I apologize." Figuring she might as well warn them now.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ignore the Cold, It's Just a Feeling [Sandman] - by Sandman - 10-11-2012, 09:26 PM
RE: Ignore the Cold, It's Just a Feeling [Sandman] - by Sandman - 10-13-2012, 11:58 PM
RE: Ignore the Cold, It's Just a Feeling [Sandman] - by Rowan - 10-14-2012, 01:39 AM
RE: Ignore the Cold, It's Just a Feeling [Sandman] - by Sandman - 10-14-2012, 02:17 AM
RE: Ignore the Cold, It's Just a Feeling [Sandman] - by Sandman - 10-18-2012, 01:56 AM
RE: Ignore the Cold, It's Just a Feeling [Sandman] - by Sandman - 10-22-2012, 09:52 PM
RE: Ignore the Cold, It's Just a Feeling [Sandman] - by Sandman - 10-28-2012, 12:07 AM
RE: Ignore the Cold, It's Just a Feeling [Sandman] - by Sandman - 10-28-2012, 09:59 PM
RE: Ignore the Cold, It's Just a Feeling [Sandman] - by Sandman - 10-30-2012, 06:18 PM