the Rift

Ignore the Cold, It's Just a Feeling [Sandman]

Rowan Posts: 76
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: 3 Years 4 Months
Brit

The surprise is evident on their faces but Rowan knows she cannot take back what has already been said. She fondly remembers Feyther's wild concern over her skinned knees and scraped hide from scuffling with the colts they passed in other wandering herds. Ah those were the days. Long before the old mare removed her from such company no matter how brief. Had tamed her until he was a complacent, calm mare. Sometimes she missed being that wild spitfire but she also liked who she was now. Ricochet was the first to speak, Sandman never uttering a word and instead appraising her silently. Cyan eyes danced from his solid form to the other stallion as he spoke. "Thank you. Though I've yet to meet too many others, I can mostly agree with you on that point." Many strong independent mares had been lured away with whispers of power, love, and other such fancies. Rowan knew one day she would seek love and perhaps magic from the Gods, but she hoped to never change and remain true to herself. After all who wanted to fall in love with a completely different person than who they were?

Ricochet had the face of a battle hardened warrior, but Rowan was not squeamish or pitying. Merely smiling back. To her it symbolized strength, determination. Scars were beautiful if they were gathered for the right reasons. Distracted- no that wasn't the right word. Perhaps attracted?- to Sandman once again as he spoke truthfully of his outcast status. Nodding her head as her forelock splashed white gold momentarily in her vision. "I was thinking of becoming a loner, but I had no knowledge of this land. Protection is another benefit; I cannot defend myself against flying equines or those with sharp horns that I have never encountered. It was not a pleasing thought, as I would surely be at a disadvantage not knowing how to fight them. You are brave, Sandman, to take on the role that I could not." Smiling up at him in admiration. Accepting the playful nudge and laughing, muzzle brushing his in thanks. Withdrawing, pleasantly flustered by his actions.

Though Ricochet had asked a question, she spoke in reply to his comforting assurances. "Thank you Sandman. You are very kind." Keeping lilting tones thankful with a touch of embarrassed shyness. Turning as Ricochet asked a question pertaining to the same subject. Eyes going a little cold at the memories. "My wretched mother abandoned me as a filly. We were outcasts, and I never knew my father. A kind old mare took me in, but she too was a wanderer. When we did come across other groups, we never stayed long and I was much too busy defending my pride against the larger colts with my hooves and teeth to care to find out what gender had to do with anything." Laughing softly at the kinder memories that surfaced as she continued. Rowan much preferred those over the reminisces of her mother disappearing.

OOC: I am SO sorry ;-; my wifi crashed!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ignore the Cold, It's Just a Feeling [Sandman] - by Sandman - 10-11-2012, 09:26 PM
RE: Ignore the Cold, It's Just a Feeling [Sandman] - by Sandman - 10-13-2012, 11:58 PM
RE: Ignore the Cold, It's Just a Feeling [Sandman] - by Sandman - 10-14-2012, 02:17 AM
RE: Ignore the Cold, It's Just a Feeling [Sandman] - by Rowan - 10-17-2012, 11:41 PM
RE: Ignore the Cold, It's Just a Feeling [Sandman] - by Sandman - 10-18-2012, 01:56 AM
RE: Ignore the Cold, It's Just a Feeling [Sandman] - by Sandman - 10-22-2012, 09:52 PM
RE: Ignore the Cold, It's Just a Feeling [Sandman] - by Sandman - 10-28-2012, 12:07 AM
RE: Ignore the Cold, It's Just a Feeling [Sandman] - by Sandman - 10-28-2012, 09:59 PM
RE: Ignore the Cold, It's Just a Feeling [Sandman] - by Sandman - 10-30-2012, 06:18 PM