the Rift

[OPEN] Winter is Coming

Ezital Posts: 48
Aurora Basin Soldier atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.0
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 14.1 :: 4 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Oatmeal :: Two-toed Sloth :: None Veer
EZITAL

Vitani's words gave him pause. He never did like the way Ktulu had spoken to her. That old bat seriously needed to get a life and lay off the little yearling. Didn't she have someone else to annoy?

He shrugged off the spark of anger with some difficulty. If he wasn't careful he would greet her the next time they met by telling her where she could shove it. He didn't have half the mass or skill needed to back up a statement like that, not to the champion of the herd. Ktulu would probably just murder him and hang his body over one of the waterfalls as a warning to other sassy colts.

Forcing himself to focus on the rest of her words, he said "Does she… eat meat?" He hadn't considered such a thing. But of course those fangs were for more than decoration. He didn't even try to repress the shudder that quivered his flanks. There was nothing appealing to him about sharing the mind with a creature that liked to eat flesh.

When Vitani mentioned her mother, most other equines would have picked up on the not-so-subtle hint that she didn't want to talk about it. But Ezital could never be called tactful. "Used to be? What does she do now?" He faintly remembered someone else receiving that title at the last herd meeting, so perhaps she had retired. "I don't remember my family," he told her. "I've been on my own since I was a weanling." He made sure to smile gently so she would know he wasn't sore about it. He'd come to terms with his orphan status a very long time ago.

He shrugged at her next question, tilting his head a bit to consider what had happened since they'd spoken last. "A little of this and that, I suppose. Wandering around the territory, meeting new friends. Nothing that exciting to report."

Her offer, when it came took him a bit off guard. He blinked at her and struggled to find some words. "I wouldn't want to impose…" he said. In truth, he wasn't sure if he would even like living in close quarters with anyone. He'd never shared space with another creature for any extended period of time before. His inner loner balked thoroughly at the idea.

But he liked Vitani and he could probably deal for the length of the season. He opened his mouth to say so, but they were interrupted by another presence.

"Oh, it's you." he said, feeling mildly annoyed at the intrusion. He recognized the mare from when she stole his sunning spot and had the balls to correct his manners. He'd show her manners. "What's your name again?"

@Vitani @Agnodice :P
talk
[Image: veerpixel2_by_abbie1234_d9s5c3u_by_veerd...9s893u.png]

Please tag Ezital in all replies.

Messages In This Thread
Winter is Coming - by Ezital - 02-01-2016, 06:21 PM
RE: Winter is Coming - by Vitani - 02-17-2016, 02:45 AM
RE: Winter is Coming - by Ezital - 02-17-2016, 04:53 PM
RE: Winter is Coming - by Agnodice - 02-17-2016, 05:52 PM
RE: Winter is Coming - by Vitani - 02-17-2016, 06:08 PM
RE: Winter is Coming - by Ezital - 02-18-2016, 06:37 PM
RE: Winter is Coming - by Agnodice - 02-25-2016, 12:36 AM