the Rift

[OPEN] Little Prince [Birthing Thread]

Destrier Posts: 180
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 16 HP: 65.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Suli :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath & Merlin :: Plain Black Dragon :: Frost Breath Dingo
Destrier
Suli & Merlin
never feared for anything, never chained but never free
I tried to heal the broken love with all that I could
Romani was my saving grace. In the past year, I had gone spiraling down, watching the ones I had loved so dearly slowly disappear around me; my friends, my herdmates, my family... I felt so disconnected to them all. I had shirked my duties, no longer finding the same joy in them as I had once held. But now, with Romani in my life, ever by my side and ever encouraging, comforting, I finally felt as though I could find a purpose again.

The gold-colored shield-maiden was heavy with the labor of our love, belly growing more and more distended as time went by. A sliver of fear managed to seep into my very soul at times, a fear that I would lose Romani and the unborn babe like with Tor, with Luken, and with Laila. But she never strayed from me, never truly gave me a reason to think that my fear may be realized, but it was a feeling I simply could not shake so easily. The gypsy loved me unconditionally, and I loved her more than I had thought I ever could again.

It was noon when it happened, the second sun of Frostfall high in the sky as the soft proclamation of pain escaped her dark lips. Bister eyes of concern shifted to Romani's form, but before I could voice my worry for her, question if the life growing within her belly had kicked out as it was prone to do, I was cut off. She pleaded my name and began to drop to her knees, and in that instant I remembered with a sad fondness the day Tor and I had welcomed Laila and Luken into the world. The child was on its way.

"Suli, Merlin," I spoke aloud, voice firm on the outside, but through the bond, there was a pulsation of frantic worry. "Gather what you can find to begin a fire." Snow had fallen quickly this year, and the gentle breeze would be more than enough to chill the child to the bone if we weren't careful. The two dragons need not anymore instruction, and took off to begin their frantic task.

Next to Romani I remained, powerless to help ease her pain, but offering soft words of encouragement, assuring that she stayed with me and watching for any sign of complications. Small she may be, but the golden warrior prevailed, and soon, our new son lay in a sooty heap upon the crimson-stained snow.

Fear bubbled within my breast when our son failed to stir for too long a time, but just as Romani gently bumped her nose against him, he finally stirred. A hefty breath of relief escaped my lungs, and a smile broke out across my face with a warm, breathless laugh. It was with mild concern that I noticed the way the colt's left eyelid was unnaturally flipped up. Maybe a healer would be able to tend to him, like Resplendence? Or even the Gods, if it came down to it? But the important fact was that he was alive... And he was perfect.

Bending my neck towards Romani, I pressed my head lovingly against her. "You did good," I spoke softly, before directing my gaze back to that of our boy. Our Tristan. The first steps of Laila and Luken were a memory I would cling to for as long as I lived, and it would be the same with him. This was the first of many struggles the boy would face in life, but he would learn that even when he was knocked down, he could rise again, and given time and patience, he would prevail.

And eventually, he was upon his feet, a dusting of snow sticking to his hide serving as a testament to his struggle. By now, Suli and Merlin had returned, stacking up their collection of twigs, downed limbs, and whatever else they could find. It didn't matter if the timber wasn't completely dry, as the green's was of the hottest flame. Parting her jaws, Suli blew a gentle flame to ignite it and send the wood crackling to life.

It was then that I stepped closer, pressing my muzzle gently, lovingly into the prince's neck, lipping softly at his mane as I ushered him close to Romani, myself and the fire. Between us all, he would dry quickly and ward off the horrid chill of Frostfall.

"Welcome to your kingdom, Tristan."

"Talk."
image credits

You may attack and use magic on Des at any time for any reason.

HP: 66.5

Messages In This Thread
Little Prince [Birthing Thread] - by Romani - 02-02-2016, 10:49 AM
RE: Little Prince [Birthing Thread] - by Tristan - 02-02-2016, 11:39 AM
RE: Little Prince [Birthing Thread] - by Destrier - 02-06-2016, 10:31 PM