the Rift

[OPEN] & the direwolves gather 'round the fire

Tangere Posts: 159
Aurora Basin Medic atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: Six Years | Birdsong HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Phrixus :: White Raven :: None Psilo

Frostfall never really has an official beginning – at least not here in the ancient glacier path that makes the Basin what it is. It begins so slowly that most don't even see it coming, or their bodies and eyes just observe it as a permanent state. Birdsong and Tallsun hardly have a place here under the aurora borealis. They visit and then they go just as fleetingly as they came; leaving almost nothing behind to show they were even there, except the wads of fat pine-cones that gather on the firs just before the heavy snows. The white raven spends many an hour under the sinking or rising sun picking out the savory nuts hidden between the prickled fingers of the woody cones. It makes him always smell like a pine tree and the sticky goo that seeps out of their wounds. It almost the sure indication that Frostfall is upon Helovia, for Tangere anyways.

It's night, probably in the middle or more toward false dawn. It's a moonless tonight, and still, so very still. Phrixus is mounted on the gnarled apple tree, dormant and leafless, looking out from the stone terrace that juts from the mouth of her shallow cave. A gentle gust makes the broken bits and tiny random (not whole or useful) artifacts dangling from the cave's opening, they chime in the breeze as they softly clank against one another. It is a curtain she's fashioned from dead vines collected from the south and strung or tied anything that will tinkle and sweetly jingle when disturbed. Pieces of bone, broken chunks of metal, or a chipped bead or two, random feathers of songbirds or ravens she or Phrixus has scooped up in their travels. All things are wind battered and eventually get lost in the snow once they detach, or if light enough, just fly away. Luckily she and the bird return with new junk to hoard with every journey and so the bits that go away are soon replaced with other unwanted pieces of the world around them. The curtain is always changing, but the sound is always the same, radiating outward from her cave whenever the wind or a warm body rustles it. Her modest dwelling is just behind the hot-springs, nestled in the jagged peaks that hang over the steaming pools.

The breeze abruptly ceases and the chilly stillness returns.

“I smell fire.” The bird's voice reverberates inside her skull and her ears perk to the horizon. Me too. She answers him within themselves. The pale raven takes that for his queue and dives from his perch and into the frozen night with dead silence.

“They have lit a tree. A dead pine that reaches into the God's room.” She listens to the quietness after his voice leaves her head and she squints those bright eyes to the darkness ahead. The moon is not present tonight and so the glow from the fire, as it rises and rises, flickers for whats appears to be miles in all directions. It's isn't far form her, a mile or two, something she can cover in a short time. “There is no one here.” Images of what her companion is laying eyes on flash behind her gaze...it is a dry, deceased tree that seems to never end as it reaches ever upward – flames, bright and hungry, lick at its base and their quickly gaining height as they swallow more and more. She can hear the crackling and roaring breath of the fire, she can feel the heat on his feathers, on her skin, as he makes wide circles around the bonfire.

On my way.

She makes her way down the steep 'stair way' of wet stone, her toes grab it effortlessly like that of a goat. She makes quick time, reaching the pools in only a couple minutes and now she can flat out run toward the swelling glow. She'll be there in two shakes of a lambs tail, to join her companion, to join the fire.

And who else, she wonders, just might be there. And who, out of pure curiosity, set the fire in the first place?

non omnis moriar

Image Credit<3

To Sum it Up: There is a giant tree on fire in the Basin. Somewhat toward the middle. It's in the middle of the night and it's a new moon, so it's super dark. [stars are very bright, milky way and all, but i forgot that detail in the above post].

__

Feel free to build on this with an NPC or just your own character's reaction or what not. This literally just came to me last night...this whole scenario lol
I apologize if it's too much <33 I kinda went crazy with it XD

OPEN AS F.
;D

• You may use violence and magic against her at will, but no death.
  • Please tag me so I don't forget anyone(:

Messages In This Thread
& the direwolves gather 'round the fire - by Tangere - 02-02-2016, 12:52 PM