the Rift

[OPEN] the wallflowers

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare
Elsa

It wasn’t long before Essetia bounded across the bridge in her unbridled glory. Elsa couldn’t help but smile a little as she so jubilantly showered her with congratulations. It was unnecessary considering she was in the presence of Essetia. In fact, she felt more ashamed of her title than ever. Although Essetia did not let on to if she was bothered or not- and even made an effort for a physical greeting.

Elsa did the same turning her nose to bump Essetia gently as she reach out to her shoulder. A sigh feel from her lips, and she bit her lower one, trying to think of a not awkward way to make her amends. The brief encounter they had in the Threshold only made her worry even more when she had made it home. There was some unresolved problem within Elsa, and she had a nagging feeling that Essetia was the first step to putting it to rest.

”A number of things, although I think I too prematurely dubbed myself the Icebound. Sounds kind of badass, makes up for my lack of it.” She jested lightly, a smile crawling onto her face. Edgar did his own greeting, raising his left wing and flailing it about in an attempt to say hello. He even gave a small little head tilt to the wolf companion that traveled with Essetia. It still amazed him how to seemingly opposite creatures could cohabitate.

”You’re probably wondering why I am here… I just…” Her voice dropped off, as she scrunched her nose in thought. By now she accepted that her words would come out just as awkward. It seemed to be a trait she couldn’t train to go away, unfortunately. ”I wanted to apologize. I know it isn’t singlehandedly my fault, but I feel like I let everyone down.” Elsa finally admitted it, her tone changing to one of lingering sadness. ”Even if you don’t think it is my fault, I still feel that way. Not to mention, I feel like the mother of all traitors for helping rule the Edge.” It hurt in two ways to say that. The first was that she respected the members of the Edge, they were highly efficient, and in the end, a very good group of horses. She couldn’t have asked to lead a better herd- unless it had been the previous Falls. That of course, was the second reason. She had brought numerous people there, spoke of safety and home.

What did she give them? Destruction and the life as an outcast. Some even probably left Helovia, like Essetia had. The thought made her stomach churn and she felt sick. This was all because of her eye. If she hadn’t been so weak in the face of one, then maybe she could stand against the 40 or so that were bent on running her out. Her wound was a mark of failure and weakness. It was not one she carried proudly.

Shuffling her feet, she looked to Essetia, anxiously whipping her tail back and forth. ”I just feel like I need to tell you. I’ve learned from it. I realized that physically being crippled was also a stress on the herd- and thus you. The God of Earth has promised me he can return my sight if I can gather some things for him…” Was it weird that Elsa was apologizing for something she was incapable of escaping? Probably, but just saying it made her feel better. ”I wanted to tell you because even though you seem to be okay with my presence, I am not. I feel like I failed you. I just want you to know I’m trying to rise from the ashes of the disaster I created. I feel like a traitor. I promised you so many things, only to watch them fall.” Her eyes pricked at the corners, but she refused, just shaking her head sadly.

This encounter had gone from bad to worse in the course of a few words and anxiety was building within her. They weren’t even “close” friends per se, but… all of this just hurt. She thought the wound had gone away, but here it was, lingering around because she hadn’t made sure those that were run out were safe. Hell, she was too busy with her own life to notice that Essetia had left.

@Essetia
"Morbi vestibulum mollis nibh a varius."
/ image
  • Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

Messages In This Thread
the wallflowers - by Elsa - 02-02-2016, 03:48 PM
RE: the wallflowers - by Essetia - 02-04-2016, 11:35 PM
RE: the wallflowers - by Elsa - 02-09-2016, 04:23 PM
RE: the wallflowers - by Essetia - 02-28-2016, 10:33 PM
RE: the wallflowers - by Elsa - 03-07-2016, 05:52 PM
RE: the wallflowers - by Essetia - 03-10-2016, 10:07 PM