the Rift

[PRIVATE] between fire and ice

Darwin Posts: 74
World's Edge Protector atk: 5.0 | def: 8.0 | dam: 6.0
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15 hh :: 4 Years (Ages in Birdsong) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Antaa :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix Skylark
Darwin grew increasingly interested in the Edge’s Queen as she smiled to him. Something sparked down within the beast that also had begun to make him rather happy. Whether it was the connection from Antaa or just the pure joy of someone else being happy from the words he had said, he wasn’t sure. It was a pleasant feeling, however, and he wanted it to last forever. Antaa seemed more preoccupied by the other Zephyr, watching him as he began to teach her things. She crooned a rather excited sound of wonder and awe at just how easily Edgar could move around. Everything the other Zephyr did seemed flawless to her – and she was just getting used to wobbly legs. As Edgar moved closer to Antaa, her eyes landed on him, watching him with content as she came to a stop – his wing preventing any further motion. She knew that he wanted her to watch him, and so she did. He made it look effortless and easy and she began to try and replicate the motions. Tucking her wings in just like he had, taking a leap forward in the hopes of not landing on her freshly hatched face. A strict look of determination on her face. His encouragement kept the chick trying as she wobbled, though the trick from him retained her balance.

The whole time the two of them seemed to hit it off, Darwin couldn’t understand exactly what these feelings were – but it didn’t take long until his mind was swept by the Queen that stood before him. He let his gaze cast upon her once again, the smile sticking to his face as fluted ears perked in her direction. She spoke of the companions and how they could learn and grow attitudes. Darwin couldn’t help but to chuckle slightly. “Oh, she’s got a pretty feisty one already. When she hatched, she thought I was her mother.” If he could shrug, he would’ve. “Though I guess that’s normal?” Another chuckle left the peg’s bearded muzzle. Elsa continued, and he listened closely. Drinking in all the advice and curiosities that came from the ivory snow queen. As she spoke of Antaa being feisty, she paused in her movements on wobbly talons to smile up at the queen, beak parting ever so slightly with an excitement as if saying ‘you got that right’. Darwin would be in for a treat, he was sure. Though as she spoke of feeding Antaa, he stifled back a groan. He knew it would be difficult, and he hoped that the phoenix would be able to learn quickly. Darwin wasn’t a hunter. A warrior, perhaps. But not a hunter.

Well that sounds splendid. I hope she can learn quick.” He shot a glance to the chick, smiling gently but carrying a hidden line of worry. What if he couldn’t provide for her? What would happen then? Would she starve and in turn he lose part of himself with her? Either way, he needed to spend more time with this queen to learn the ways. Hoping deep down that Antaa could learn quick from Edgar and be able to sustain herself over time. Yet, the mare’s voice struck his ears once again and his head shifted to her, listening as she questioned him of his past. He would’ve rather kept things a secret, but decided that perhaps her royal stance could keep secrets. For he didn’t trust easily, and yet this pale queen had captured it within minutes. He shook his head briefly, a notion of saying he’d love to talk about his past. Curious about how she lived in Helovia while everything happened. “Hmm, I must have had it messed around in my head. I believe I was born during or just shortly after the invasion.” His smile began to fade ever so slightly. “I was a colt of the Windtossed Foothills, if you’ve ever heard of them. Someone came and invaded the Edge and the members were exiled to my lands. Then, a bit later, there was in an invasion into my lands where many of my people left. I had already gone though.” He began to mutter, brows furrowing as his memory began to fail him. “Or was it the other way around?” he muttered. “Eh, anyway. My mother was killed just shortly after my birth by my brothers. I’m not sure how many of them reside here in Helovia anymore, but I’d like to stay away from them. Perhaps you’ve heard of them?” His heavy bearded head tilted to her, curious if the queen would be able to bring him safety if he were to follow her back to the Edge.

He knew one thing, he didn’t want to try and take care of Antaa all by himself. She was experienced with Edgar, and that was enough to prove to Darwin that he could trust her. He also wanted to be safe from Archibald and Knox. He heard from Aeolus that the beasts lived in the Hidden Falls, which definitely wasn’t the World’s Edge. Darwin had never heard of the Falls, and all he knew was he would do his best to avoid it. If Elsa could help keep him hidden from them, perhaps he’d be able to learn what all had happened in his absence. There seemed to be too much that had happened with too little time to learn – at least if you didn’t make alliances.

"Talk."
& they said you were the crooked kind—
that you'd never have no worth,
but you were always gold to me.
image credits

@Elsa , companion fun I suppose? :D

Pixel by BronzeHalo @ Deviantart

Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Darwin, without killing him.
Please tag in every post!

Messages In This Thread
between fire and ice - by Darwin - 02-03-2016, 01:21 AM
RE: between fire and ice - by Elsa - 02-08-2016, 07:38 PM
RE: between fire and ice - by Darwin - 02-10-2016, 01:45 AM
RE: between fire and ice - by Elsa - 02-10-2016, 03:02 PM
RE: between fire and ice - by Darwin - 02-10-2016, 06:59 PM