the Rift

[OPEN] Delivered from the Shadows[BIRTHING]

Cortana Posts: 9
Outcast
Filly :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 2
ShadowMare

And out of fire

and Ice

I do not understand the feeling that encompasses me, envelopes me, it is not pleasant, that I am sure of. It is opposite of the warmth I have felt in the crimson walls that I floated within. It is void, barren, cold. My skin is covered with slime, and the air around me does my body no justice as I shake, shake, shake. I merely stare, eyes wide and starving to see and experience this world that I have been brought into. Though I hunger for exploration I only desire to stay in my crumbled ball of just me, feeling no urge to move, content with lying here for forever. 

It is then that I see her, but it is not welcoming, loving. No. The grace that I imagined she would hold was replaced with a darkness, some glint of weariness echoing in those vibrant colored sockets. I do not know what this horse, my mother? Had wrong with her, but I did not feel lured to her, had little interest in anything she had to offer me. The spiraled thing atop her head points to me, my skin recoiling at the pressure and sharpness that indents my young skin in a small crater. I try to find my vocals, squirming away from her touch, a whimper releasing from newborn chords. I could only stare once again, seeking out her eyes, wanting to see them again, even if they did not fill with a feeling that I knew I wanted to experience. The sharp pain stops then, momma's eyes filling with warmth, and I am allowed to hope that momma loves me. I did not know what she was doing, did not register that it was meant for death, for my naive mind could not understand such depths and lengths of momma's thoughts. It was all okay though, as her tongue slid across my coat I begin to phantom a love for her, and although I didn't know this now, eventually I would understand momma's intentions and I would understand. 

chat chat

OCC: my first attempt at first person and playing a foal, I am awful at it so bare with me, now anyone can reply!

A monster is born

image credits

Messages In This Thread
Delivered from the Shadows[BIRTHING] - by Zandora - 02-04-2016, 12:16 AM
RE: Delivered from the Shadows[BIRTHING] - by Cortana - 02-04-2016, 09:39 PM