the Rift

[OPEN] paint the sky black

Ashamin the Clovenheart Posts: 426
Outcast atk: 8 | def: 11.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 HH :: 5 [Frostfall] HP: 79 | Buff: NUMB
Lochan :: Plain Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Rakt :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast Jen
Ashamin

Ashamin felt stiff. He formed himself like a statue, remained steady and unbroken before his friend and co-parent, and steeled himself even more in the face of the stranger. This stallion... who was he? He asked questions that Ashamin could not answer, wanted to know more of the situation than the Haruspex could explain. Rexanna's stoic answer, "Orders", was better than anything Ashamin could have come up with.

He would let that matter rest there. Deimos arrived, all strong and tall and dark and deadly as always, and Ashamin's heart rattled in nervous and broken rhythms. Would he ever calm down before his lord, or would he always be reminded of those seconds of near death?

The question hung in the moments before Deimos spoke. When the accolade came it was unexpected; the haruspex, travelling so far outside the duties of his rank, couldn't help but find it undeserved. He nodded numbly, assuming most of the compliment was for Rexanna, and turned his gaze swiftly back to the prisoner. The electric monster, still small and caged, threw itself on the ground with a quiet, captured sort of screech as Ashamin's two cerndyr snorted at it defensively. Was the manifestation pathetic or pitiful, vile or helpless? "We've no desire to hurt you," was all that Ashamin said to the striped stallion, whom Deimos had revealed to be called Crowley. The truth of the matter was, though, that Ashamin didn't know if that were true. He just hoped it was, and he couldn't bear to speak any longer of the stallion as if he were not standing among them.

Ashamin hoped he would be given time to find out the true meaning of the captivity; being made Crowley's guard could afford him that. With his black eyes still focused on the captives he nosed Rexanna vaguely, supporting her suggestion. "I would appreciate the chance," Ashamin said in support, "to watch over him. I consider it my duty to learn more about the bearer of this heart." As he spoke, the electric creature seemed to shrink as it rolled among its chains. What really was that creature, and who was the man that housed it?

"Besides," Ashamin said then with a casual toss of his mane, "our thief, I'm sure, has other duties and herd members to attend to." He was careful in his wording, meeting eyes with Lochan as he spoke. He didn't feel comfortable revealing too much about Rein before a stranger, let alone one with a heart like this.

""

""

/ image

@Crowley

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.
All magic and force allowed, barring death and permanent injury.
Do not tag me, please message on skype instead

Messages In This Thread
paint the sky black - by Rexanna - 02-04-2016, 02:47 AM
RE: paint the sky black - by Ashamin - 02-04-2016, 05:10 PM
RE: paint the sky black - by Crowley - 02-16-2016, 08:42 PM
RE: paint the sky black - by Deimos - 02-17-2016, 06:05 PM
RE: paint the sky black - by Rexanna - 02-18-2016, 12:49 AM
RE: paint the sky black - by Ashamin - 02-18-2016, 02:12 PM