the Rift

begin again

Freyja Posts: 15
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3 :: Nine years
Valentine
ever since the rain i've been living days too slow

Archibald was so forthright, part of Freyja found it refreshing, yet mostly, she thought it intimidating. Not even Dogun had been this way, so... well, callous was not the right word for it. Perhaps brash or audacious was a better fit. She was not quite sure how to respond to his question. "I-I'm not sure. We didn't have anything like that back home - masons, healers, sneaks, warriors. There was only a king and a queen, and everyone else was just.... they just were. There were no special ranks." Things were so different here. Would she be expected to learn all of these things? Her head felt as if it were going to start spinning with all this new information.

He spoke again, his thunderous voice washing over her, and Freyja shook her head in response. "N-no. No. No magic or companions. I'm not quite sure I believe in magic, really... where I am from, it was meant for children's fairy tales, nothing more. It doesn't seem real to me." She glanced at the dog, who had remained silent the entire time, shifting her weight from one side of her body to the other repeatedly. "Back there, your companion would be seen as a threat. Many would run from it - her. Sorry, I don't mean to be rude." She ducked her head, feeling embarrassed once more.

Once again, their offers were presented, and the bay felt pressured, as if she were being hastened to choose between them. It was a terribly tough decision to make. "I would like to have a place to call home, of course. I'm just not sure where I would fit best." She frowned. She didn't want to force herself to choose a home - she wanted a place where she felt she belonged. But in a place like this, she wasn't sure it was the wisest idea to remain a wanderer for long. Still, it was a hard decision to make; Myrrine had such a childlike innocence, a brightness and curiosity about her that drew Freyja in. Archibald, on the other hand, seemed stern and distant - she wasn't sure she wanted to live in a home with such an aloof king. Perhaps he would warm up later, but it was not a chance Freyja wanted to take.

"Your offers are both very kind," she began, turning her gaze on Myrrine, "I think I would like to go with you, dear. You remind me of someone I used to know, and I find it hard to say no." A gentle chuckle left her lips. Her languid smile never faltered as her attention shifted to Archibald, the imposing stallion whose very presence made her feel meek and shriveled. "I appreciate your offer as well. Perhaps we will see each other again, down the line. If not, it was a pleasure to meet you, sir." She dipped her head, the only subtle sign of respect she could force herself to perform.

So what happens now? She wondered. Was she supposed to follow Myrrine to the Edge? Would they stay and idly chat? Archibald didn't seem the type to waste away his time with pointless conversation, and in all honesty, Freyja was eager to leave. To see her new home. To find the place she belonged.

i lie around and wait for a heart i used to know

@Archibald
@Myrrine

Messages In This Thread
begin again - by Freyja - 02-04-2016, 01:06 PM
RE: begin again - by Myrrine - 02-04-2016, 01:54 PM
RE: begin again - by Freyja - 02-04-2016, 04:27 PM
RE: begin again - by Archibald - 02-04-2016, 06:17 PM
RE: begin again - by Myrrine - 02-04-2016, 07:10 PM
RE: begin again - by Freyja - 02-04-2016, 08:47 PM
RE: begin again - by Archibald - 02-06-2016, 04:23 PM
RE: begin again - by Myrrine - 02-07-2016, 06:51 PM