Auriel Posts: 122
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.2 Hands :: 3 (Ages Birdsong) HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
prissy
AURIEL
the good twin

Mom won't notice these.

Will she?

I trotted back to the Edge, brow furrowed, light amber eyes carefully studying the scars on my hide. With a bit of mane repositioning, I could hide the teeth marks on my neck, but the bruises on my chest and scar on my right wing were a bit more noticeable. At least they were fading, and soon to be completely healed.

I had fought in a couple more spars than I had ever meant to before taking a proper lesson from my mother. I was a bit worried as to what she would think of it. But I was more worried about her not thinking anything of it, of me. It had been a while since we had last conversed, and I was admittedly scared to see her again. Would she forget about me? Did I have any claim to the title of fucking Princess? It wasn't as if I had dubbed myself royalty simply because I found myself in the herd she ruled, but the King and his poisoner proclaimed it. It was sickening to me. I had no claim to this land, I wasn't born here, nor was I ever even raised as a Princess. The irony of it was amusing at times, though.

Ah, yes, I'm your Princess, totally not the bastard child of a Warrior and a traitorous Addict.

My musings on the contradictory subject didn't matter, though. I am a Protector before a bastard and a Princess. So I marched solemnly back to the land I had pledged myself to, amongst slowly falling snow and chilling breezes, mentally preparing myself for whatever arduous tasks determined by the General awaited me there.

But when I stepped through broken glass and around looming trees, my mental preparation suddenly meant nothing.

Shida.

A smile spread to my lips, warming my chilled body. It didn't matter to me why she was there, a few lengths ahead of me, in the Edge's territory. All that mattered was she was there at all. I lengthened my stride, pulling up my crowned head up in a single, swooping motion, my pale body radiating with a bit of it's forgotten ethereal radiance.

I halted when I saw her. Mom, standing so hesitantly I thought I had made up her image, though I quickly realized that was no the case. The momentary exuberance I felt and displayed lapsed, caving in on itself. My head fell to one side, looking between the two I loved most, panic swelling within me. I let out a shaky, hazy breath, pressing my wings close to my sides defensively. My arrogance had caused me to forget the chasm between them, but witnessing it was a chilling reminder.

It used to be so different. Why couldn't she live here, with us, in the Edge? Don't we all belong together?

I choked on any words I wanted to say, and lurked behind Shida, finding myself confused and desperate and silent.

[ my hand slipped oops. auri's confused & concerned @Shida @Elsa ]

Image Credits
She walks in starlight in another world.
She is far away. She...she is far, far away from me.

Messages In This Thread
Things I don't have time for. - by Shida - 02-04-2016, 01:20 PM
RE: Things I don't have time for. - by Elsa - 02-06-2016, 05:06 PM
RE: Things I don't have time for. - by Auriel - 02-08-2016, 01:35 AM
RE: Things I don't have time for. - by Shida - 02-20-2016, 12:45 AM
RE: Things I don't have time for. - by Elsa - 03-03-2016, 10:42 AM
RE: Things I don't have time for. - by Auriel - 03-06-2016, 08:04 PM
RE: Things I don't have time for. - by Shida - 03-26-2016, 05:06 PM