the Rift

[PRIVATE] Winter Blues [Resplendence]

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow

And I don't want the world to see me
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand

Even though her bond-mate was lulled into a light slumber, Zola was quite aware. Her lack of eyes made it impossible for her to see who was approaching, but the sound of beating wings interrupted the soothing lullaby of falling snow, and shortly after came the sound of dainty footfalls crunching snow. Apollo was asleep, or at least half asleep, and so his closed eyes denied the black feline her own vision, but she could feel that this stranger meant them no harm. Still… The feline’s purring comfort faltered, her head poking out from beneath the Merciful’s jaw, tiny nostrils flaring as she tried to familiarize the stranger’s scent.

It was the soft, soothing sound of a familiar angel that snapped him from his doze, the chill worming its way through the thickness of his winter coat and into his skin. He had been unaware of the cold as it settled into his body, making him almost feel numb, his extremities heavy and cumbersome. A gentle pressure against his shoulder roused him, and Apollo’s honey-brown eyes slowly fluttered open to focus on a petite, slender face right before his own, large, round doe eyes looking at him in blatant worry and care.

A tired smile pulled at the overo’s dark lips. “Miss Resplendence…” She was speaking, saying something, but the stag couldn’t focus. His thoughts were murky, as though wading through thick sludge, and it was nearly impossible to focus on every word that escaped her pretty lips. The unfathomable depression that gripped him had lessened, chased off by the brutal chill that seeped into his bones, and the Merciful was completely unaware that his body quaked in shivers.

’… You’re going to freeze to death…’, ’Come back to my hut.

She wanted him to follow? Okay. Alright. He could manage that… Maybe. Apollo gave a low grunt, nuzzling the tip of his nose into Zola’s warm body before he released a lethargic sigh, and slowly, unsteadily, the gentleman’s legs unfurled from his body and carefully he pushed himself upright. Snow continued to collect along his back, but he paid it little mind, and instead focused his tired eyes on the ethereal creature that was Resplendence. Why did she look so angelic, standing there in the snow like a valiant lady-knight? So otherworldly? So pure?

He wanted to be happy to see her, but his heart was numb and heavy within his chest. She was a friend, a close friend. A sister? Maybe? Apollo didn’t know. Right now, the cold, the depression, the angst that seemed to always close in on him kept his mind churning and unable to focus. Through the myriad of emotions and confusion, however, a thought struck, and he grunted out a soft inquiry.

“… Do you have anything to heal a suffering heart?” He questioned, lips forming the words slowly as his eyes stayed locked on Resplendence. Zola straightened and shook the fur from her black coat, and Apollo had half of the mind to remember to lower his head, grab the kit by the scruff, and twist his head around to deposit her on his back. The ground was no place for the blind feline, especially in the snow.

”I’m sorry, I shouldn’t talk like that, I just… I’ll follow you. To the hut.” Warmth was what he needed, and maybe the presence of a good, loving friend.

ooc: Sorry if this is funky. I posted on my iPad. xD

When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am

@Resplendence

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!

Messages In This Thread
Winter Blues [Resplendence] - by Apollo - 02-04-2016, 09:39 PM
RE: Winter Blues [Resplendence] - by Resplendence - 02-22-2016, 02:34 AM
RE: Winter Blues [Resplendence] - by Apollo - 02-22-2016, 11:26 AM