T
R
I
S
T
A
N
"Gotcha!"

The shout echoed through the cold, frozen air, squealing and high-pitched, quaking with childish glee and innocence. A sooty, lanky frame had darted into a drift of snow, spotting a black and white tigress that had been 'hiding' amidst the powder. An exploratory walk through the Hidden Falls had turned into an abrupt game of 'hide and seek' when it had began to snow and the pair had found drifts of snow amidst the frozen land.

"Gotcha, Kasai!"

The sooty youth pranced out of the drift, snow clinging to his sides, head held high with blatant pride. Kasai gave a mighty huff in annoyance, but it was all for show, before she, too, pulled herself out of the snow and gave a mighty shake to dust off her striped bodice. Tristan offered his mother's companion a glance from the corner of his eye before laughter bubbled up from his belly.

"Oh, don't be mad!" He begged, trailing through the snow towards the white tiger and brushing his muzzle against her velvety soft, striped fur. "I'm the best at seeking, you know that. Silly Kasai." He wasn't, however, so good at hiding... Mostly because the tigress had one heck of a nose. Pulling away from the large feline, the colt lowered his head, taking a moment to scratch his face against his left leg in an attempt to appease the discomfort of his left eye. There was something terribly wrong with it, yet Tristan could still see out of it... But most of the time it itched and ached something fierce, and no matter how often he scratched it, it never went away.

His mother and father oftentimes spoke of how to help, and Tristan had heard them say something about 'Gods', whatever that was... Still. It didn't deter him from playtime, especially when it was just he and Kasai. It seemed that the buckskin youth couldn't leave Romani or Destrier's sides without Kasai, Merlin, or Suli following after his every step, but that wasn't a bad thing. He loved having the company of his parent's companions.

Bright turquoise eyes looked around, marveling with the general sights of the Falls. He loved it there, loved the trees and the waterfalls, and the snow! That was his favorite, even in the span of his short life, the white, cold, powdery stuff held a special place in his heart.

"I want to stay here forever..." He murmured to no one in particular, then straightened up and laughed. "Another game, Kasai! I'll hide this time, and you seek! And no cheating!" Because that just wasn't fair.

Image Credit

@Merialeth
What is that quest that pulls me onward?
My heart is full when you are by my side.

*Please Tag Tristan in All Posts!*

Messages In This Thread
Childproof This! [Merialeth] - by Tristan - 02-05-2016, 10:45 PM
RE: Childproof This! [Merialeth] - by Merialeth - 02-06-2016, 12:36 AM
RE: Childproof This! [Merialeth] - by December - 02-06-2016, 09:47 AM
RE: Childproof This! [Merialeth] - by Tristan - 02-07-2016, 08:34 PM