the Rift

[OPEN] running in place

Roux Posts: 57
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 5 :: Orangemoon HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Edison :: Red Kite :: Rage Semper
Roux & Edison
I've got autumn leaves and heartbreak dreams inside

Everything seemed so pointless now. A mere shadow of the still dark life I had lived before, back when my family still existed on the mysterious lands of Helovia. But now, it seemed I was the only one left, other than the mixed breed that called himself my half-brother. His mother had to have been a goddess or the most beautiful thing on four legs for the great Poisoner to want to get between them. Irritation flickered through my nervous system as I storm away from the camping spot Edison and I had decided upon for the night, nestled under the heavy branches of a tree and tucked away from the frigid winter winds that I had grown to love in my years at the Basin. For a moment I felt the flash of panic travel through the predatory bird when he realized that I was gone, but it was quickly quelled as he realized that I was safe. Just moping, as I had been since the news was delivered by the bird in black.

Dark rimmed ears hardly had to be moved to press back into tangled midnight strands, it seemed they hardly found anything interesting enough to bother with perking forwards any longer. I mumbled to myself angrily as mismatched limbs moved my bloodied body through the night. Moon eyes drifted aimlessly, soaking in the little bit of vision that the night sky allowed. The path I was taking was one that I was quite familiar with, the ground beneath me, even enveloped in snow; was growing warmer and warmer with each stride. Snow melted away easily as hooves struck against the crystals that marred the pathway to the isles in which my dearest brother had last been seen. Part of me wondered if I should have invited the red bird along, knowing that he would want to see if what the night bird had said was true. But, he never seemed impressed with the deep emotions that only he could witness due to the mental connection we shared. So I had left him behind for the time being, knowing that we would find each other again in no time if needed.

For now though, I was content to travel on my own leaving behind only a trail of snowy hoofprints to tell where I had been.

The sound of waves crashing relentlessly against the shoreline told me I had met the end of the road, forcing red lids to peel away from silver eyes as they adjusted once again to the shades of grey that greeted them like a mother to her new born child. I swallowed hard, staring out at the water momentarily in the direction that I knew the Dragon's Throat to be, before sighing hard, blowing a cloud of steam into the cold air and turning away from the gateway. It didn't matter if they had allowed me to cross over, something told me Mesec wasn't a liar, Sacre was gone from these lands and so was our father. Who knew if or when they would be coming back.

As my heart shattered once again I began walking along the shore of Helovia. So many memories of these lands found their home nestled safely in the cobweb covered filing cabinets that rested in the shadows of my already jaded mind, both wonderful memories that caused the shadows to run in hiding momentarily and dark memories that nearly forced me to turn and walk into the oncoming waves so I could end my life just as easily as my family had left it. Shaking my ivory crowned skull harshly I looked away from the water just in time to see the tiara'd frame of a mare I knew quite well in passing. Lena. She was beautiful in the most simple way, her already dark body outlined in silver by the glow of moonlight, but something seemed so different of the songbird who seemed to lift the spirits of many on this night.

Tonight there was no singing, no laughter, no smile that was the normal signature of the mare. Simply the hanging of her tiara near the salty brine, was her heart breaking as mine was on this winter night? I took a few hesitant steps closer to the mare I had once considered a herd mate, but for the moment I belonged to nowhere but Helovia. "Hello Lena." Deep vocals drifted away from my ink stained velvets as my weight shifted carefully to my back limbs in hopes of seeming more relaxed than I truly felt.

"talk talk"
@Lena

You and me on the frozen sea we slide.
Now waking to the sun
I calculate what I had done
Like jumping from the bow
Just to prove that I knew how
</style>
pixel by nikkayla

Messages In This Thread
running in place - by Lena - 02-06-2016, 06:12 PM
RE: running in place - by Roux - 02-06-2016, 08:22 PM