the Rift

[OPEN] running in place

Roux Posts: 57
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 5 :: Orangemoon HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Edison :: Red Kite :: Rage Semper
Hand on my heart allegiance to the night
Every star waits for the darkness to shine

Ink stained ears along with moon eyes shifted away from the silver lined frame of the familiar mare to settle upon the many-tailed canine who seemed less than pleased at my arrival. Had I done something to the Songbird in my previous years to make her mind quiver and shake at my mere arrival? Or perhaps her bondmate was simply overly protective of her during the darkest hours of the night? A twitch forced the corner of my midnight marked lips into what some could probably consider a smile, I thought the kitsune's act of defiance was amusing and mildly impressive as I could easily ruin the creature's night without breaking a sweat. Pushing back the thoughts as the mare's melodic voice filled the air, dancing with the sound of the waves crashing a few feet from us and the frothy head sticking to the thick hairs around our hocks thanks to the cold of the Basin's winter.

"Good evening, Roux." I see her gaze pull upwards towards my eyes that matched the full moon that was slowly creeping up over the rough brine we stood alongside. Had she thought that some miracle had brought sight back to the silver pools that decorated an otherwise plain mask? Everything in me wanted to be able to see the world like the rest of them did, but it seemed as if my life would remain only being able to see when the rest of the world slept. Of course, I could very well go and beg a god to give me eyes for some crazy quest that held no purpose other than to provide them with some sick kind of amusement, but I had already lived thus far without being able to see on my own, so what was the point?

"How are you fairing?" My focus was forced back to the bay, a screech of pain scorching through my bloodied frame as moon eyes settled sadly on her pretty features. The world fell dark around us, the sound of the ocean fading away into a faint whisper while I scrambled to find words to tell the Songbird how I was fairing. "Did you know my father left? And my brother as well?" Of course she would know they were gone, everyone knew that they were gone. Except for me. I was the last one in the entirety of Helovia to know that my beautiful mother in all of her grace was dead. For all the rest of the world knew my twin and my father were dead as well, our sire could very likely be dead and I would never know. But Sacre...Sacre I would know if he had died as surely a part of my soul would scream out in pain as it is mauled as if a pack of wild wolves hunting for sport had managed to get their sharp teeth tangled up in it. Even in the midst of my depression I could tell that my soul was still intact and therefore the blood splashed black had to still be alive, somewhere.

"My sister, my mother are both....dead." I almost couldn't force the word to fall off of my vocal chords, rather I threw it as if it were some kind of annoying child that wouldn't unwrap itself from around my leg. What was there to live for anymore? My entire family was gone. Aside from the Grim Reaper dressed like a bird, I was the only one left of my bloodlines to wander the lands of Helovia. Surely there was a reason that I was the only one left...were the fates waiting for the perfect time to pick me off as well? Maybe next time they wouldn't put a beautiful Songbird in my way to stop me from walking into the unforgiving brine. Or maybe she would save me.

"Speech."

@Lena
God, I'm sorry this took so long. I'm horrible
image credits :: falony
Now waking to the sun
I calculate what I had done
Like jumping from the bow
Just to prove that I knew how
</style>
pixel by nikkayla

Messages In This Thread
running in place - by Lena - 02-06-2016, 06:12 PM