the Rift

Right infront of me

Fen'Harel Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

The wilderness was not a gentle home – often pulled out of his peaceful reverie by the chattering of birds, a crack of a branch, or even the grunting of other near-by beasts. At first he didn't mind. Being away from civilization was like a breath of fresh air. Out here there was no one speaking in hushed whispers. Gossip didn't pass from mouth to mouth and he need not bear the critical looks that had so often been turned his way. For a time he was free of everything that had once been a burden.

So he spent his first few weeks as he wished. His attentions drifted to once-battlegrounds or the lands of fallen empires. Places where memories were so deeply engraved within the very land that they practically sung. There was a deep thrill to be had as he lingered, passing the bleached bones of the forgotten or heavily scarred stone.

But he could not stay. These places were not to his destination, merely a distraction from something more. Fen'Harel couldn't place where exactly he was going. Away. Somewhere to begin anew, where he was faceless – meaningless. A place where he couldn't be painted with colors from his past. It was always with great hesitation that he continued his travels. With each passing week the wilderness grew more and more unfamiliar. He could no longer name the local fauna, or recognize the songs of the birds. Until finally he was here.

Wherever here was.

He couldn't say that there was anything specifically different about this place aside from the occasional stench that hinted at life beyond the local wild animals. A forest, sure. But it was the idea that there were others here that had him pushing forward. Perhaps it was finally time to haul himself out from his self-induced exile. He doubted any of his people had ever wandered this far from their comfortable life of ignorance.

They were much to proud to admit they might not be as grand as they would like to think. But Fen'Harel was different. He always had been. His curiosity was touched as slowed his movements. Raising his head he took a moment to pause, listen. His ears swiveled gently with every soft sound and his eyes calmly watched. “Where am I now?” He spoke, his voice a careful rumble.

FEN'HAREL

dread--wolf

@Roux
Open to anyone else!

Messages In This Thread
Right infront of me - by Fen'Harel - 02-06-2016, 07:48 PM
RE: Right infront of me - by Myrrine - 02-07-2016, 07:26 PM
RE: Right infront of me - by Fen'Harel - 02-08-2016, 10:44 PM
RE: Right infront of me - by Roux - 02-09-2016, 02:37 PM
RE: Right infront of me - by Myrrine - 02-10-2016, 09:45 AM
RE: Right infront of me - by Fen'Harel - 02-12-2016, 09:10 PM
RE: Right infront of me - by Tiamat - 02-15-2016, 01:11 AM