the Rift

Right infront of me

Fen'Harel Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

FEN'HAREL

His careful gaze flicked once more towards the surrounding wood as they were joined by another. A mare this time – and uniquely colored as well. As she neared he offered her a slight nod of his head, silently welcoming and acknowledging her presence. He was, however, almost stunned by the approach of yet someone else. Having gone from complete solitude to meeting with a small band of strangers within such a short time frame only offered him perhaps the smallest glimpse at the vastness of this place. Was it truly so occupied? Blinking his thoughts away, he offered the newest arrival his careful smile.

Hello,” he returned her greeting, “And yes, that is my name.

Fen'Harel listened as she spoke of the basin, noticed the emotions she harbored for this place. For her this land was very much a comfort, it seemed. What would it be like to feel that again? Home had become a strange concept to him. He had long been detached from one place. Even before arriving here, the great expanse of land he originated from twisted from home to a place he looked at with disgust. The towering trees and crystal spires were reminders to him now of only what he had committed – and lost. He felt more at home within the desolated ruins of crumbled empires.

It was a sobering revelation, but he managed to keep his expression to little more then a polite smile and a soft inclination of his head. “That does sound pleasant,” he hummed in thought. While a place could sound welcoming in nature, underneath the appearance there could be a rotting civilization. Fen'Harel could speak of his homelands in wonderful details – describe the trees that touched the skies, or the delicate waterfalls that tumbled in soft mists. He could praise the structures built into the land like they had forever been apart of it, or speak of the graceful wisps of spirits that greeted visitors with pleasant giggles and chimes.

But take away the beauty and there was nothing left but desperation and arrogance. There was a faint narrowing of his eyes as he let his gaze linger upon Tiamat before darting towards Myrrine and Roux once more. He could not judge either of these places enough to adequately sate his interest. Not without seeing them first, living there. But he could question – at least just a little bit more. “But what of beliefs? Morals?” He paused, sighed, and gave his head a slow shake. “My apologies if I seem wary. I have come a long way, and there is so much that seems so.. different.

The land, the language – it would not be a far off guess to assume the customs and religious beliefs were entirely different as well. His chest heaved with another sigh, this one quieter.

ar lasa mala revas

dread--wolf

@Tiamat @Myrrine

Messages In This Thread
Right infront of me - by Fen'Harel - 02-06-2016, 07:48 PM
RE: Right infront of me - by Myrrine - 02-07-2016, 07:26 PM
RE: Right infront of me - by Fen'Harel - 02-08-2016, 10:44 PM
RE: Right infront of me - by Roux - 02-09-2016, 02:37 PM
RE: Right infront of me - by Myrrine - 02-10-2016, 09:45 AM
RE: Right infront of me - by Fen'Harel - 02-12-2016, 09:10 PM
RE: Right infront of me - by Tiamat - 02-15-2016, 01:11 AM
RE: Right infront of me - by Fen'Harel - 02-19-2016, 07:01 PM