the Rift

A place to return to (Tor, Mirage)

Lace the Silverthorn Posts: 459
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 14 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Fajira :: Plain White Dragon :: Fire Breath Chan
((Well, just jump in when you have time then ^^))

They saw her coming through the mist and waited patiently for her to approach, statures relaxed and casual. At least, on the outside. His insides however felt like a stirred up ants nest, with tingles crawling through the gut and legs and urging him to turn and run away.

Why nervous? Fajira asked from her perch in the tree above, and turned the hazy eyes down toward him curiously. She ran first, when the wolves came. Lace hummed faintly, remembering the dripping wet night when they had met in the depths of the eastern forest. The brief conversation, the sudden appearance of a group of predators and the just as sudden disappearance by Tor. He guessed it was reason enough to want to talk to her, reason enough to call her out in such a way. Demanding, leaving little room to decline the 'invitation'. He sighed, not sure what to make of the situation.
It's not that simple he replied quietly, before returning his attention to the painted mare.

"Welcome to the Edge, Tor" he greeted with a slight smile and downed the head in a slightly formal greeting. Come to think about it, he knew little more about her than that she was called Tor, was a healer and had been unaffiliated with a herd last time they met. It was quite possible that it had changed since their last meeting though - just look at himself.
He met her eyes and noticed the flurry of emotions she must be carrying, the questions and - he flinched almost unnoticeable - the hurt. Ouch. He hadn't meant to make her worry, but perhaps it was inevitable. With such a summons, and from someone that might be a friend but in reality probably wasn't more than a stranger... Guess he couldn't blame her.

"First of all, I would like to apologize for the way I called you" he began, taking shelter behind politeness and formality in order to hide his own confusion about the situation. Better that she saw the polished smile, the soft glint of the eyes and listened to the smooth voice - calm, soothing, reassuring. Liar

"I came out a bit more forceful than I had intended. Basically, I simply wished to talk to you, but without knowing how or where I might be able to find you... I hope you can forgive me." He shrugged with a slightly sheepish look, gaze wandering as if he couldn't quite manage to look her in the eyes. The perfect image of someone who was ashamed of what he was doing - only, was he really ashamed? Lace wasn't sure himself.

"How have you been since last time we met?" he continued, an ear twitching barely noticeably at the subject.

"The time-night-storm-raining-forest you turn-back-ran, leaving us-white-fire-spider-web and white-as-cloud-Sohalia to snarling-hunger-teeth-snapping-wolves."

The dragons voice tried to penetrate the barriers of Tor's mind, reaching out accusingly with a language that was heavily riddled with images and emotions rather than words. Lace was astonished, enough so that he forgot to reprimand the little White for intruding into the mind of someone. He hadn't known she felt so strongly about what she saw as a betrayal, a cowardly act. The stallion had barely even reflected upon it beside noting a vague feeling of disappointment in the mares actions. She was a healer after all... Yet still, somehow that didn't feel like enough of a reason to abandon others in order to save her own skin.

BronzeHalo.deviantart.com
♦ Permission granted to use magic and violence on Lace and Fajira
♦ Only tag in new threads, spars and if it's urgent
The Store | The Warden

Messages In This Thread
A place to return to (Tor, Mirage) - by Lace - 10-12-2012, 02:21 PM
RE: A place to return to (Tor, Mirage) - by Tor - 10-13-2012, 07:23 PM
RE: A place to return to (Tor, Mirage) - by Lace - 10-23-2012, 04:07 PM
RE: A place to return to (Tor, Mirage) - by Tor - 10-24-2012, 05:46 PM
RE: A place to return to (Tor, Mirage) - by Tor - 11-10-2012, 10:16 AM
RE: A place to return to (Tor, Mirage) - by Lace - 11-15-2012, 10:11 AM