the Rift

poison of our own pride

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time
Archibald the Dauntless
Through the ages of time I've been known for my hate, but I'm a dealer of simple choices; for me it's never too late.
Archibald moved towards the meeting spot before the herd was called, standing sentinel and silent beside his lighter, smaller comrade. The dual ruling kings had agreed silently on this meeting, the buckskin meeting the black at the end of his patrol. It was a silent agreement, simply decided with nods and small gestures. They had ruled together long enough to know when they needed to bring the family together. Kaj started the meetings, called their ranks to gather below their feathered hooves. Archibald did not mind--Kaj was the diplomatic lead by technicality between them. Archibald commanded the warriors and the fortitude. He had visited the Dragon's Throat, however, and solidified their ties and brought his daughter to her rightful home. She seemed to be doing well in these boarders, having met the Earth God with Isopia and Archibald just recently. The Dauntless mused if Macaria would follow in the hoofsteps of a seer as Kaj called for the herd, and his golden eyes swept the treeline for his daughter. Loretta stood vigilant, waiting for the nephew to come. She needed to join him. She had been at his side quite often since Knox had left him in Archibald's charge. Knowing Loretta's thoughts, Archibald hummed inwardly. After the meeting we will make a point to bring the two together. Perhaps Macaria's soft heart and free loving spirit will help ease Milo's pain. Loretta agreed, her tail giving two simple wags. She still searched for the silver-haired boy, amber eyes eager and somewhat worried. Slowly at first and then like salmon, the herd approached. Golden eyes swept over his subjects, though he stood stark still. He gave no nods, no greetings. He simply waited for them all to file in, thought mentally he made note of where certain horses made their spot: Macaria, Milo, Ktulu, Knox.

Kaj directed a call to action, and Archibald watched him silently. Like the Kaj Archibald had met all those seasons ago, his partner Czar stood with a commanding posture, a soldier's posture. Archibald's dark ears twitched atop his crown as he mulled over what could have happened for the Aurelight to be so confident when before the Dauntless would not have been surprised to find him beneath a waterfall, somber as the water crashed against his back. He listened to each word the stallion spoke, his own coming speech playing out in his head. When it was his time, the Dauntless stepped forward--his words to come more business than the general address of his counterpart. "The Dragon's Throat still holds their word, and we are at a peaceful union with them. Masons and healers, I believe it beneficial if we offer our services to them. In return, Megaera and Gaucho have promised their crafts. They have metal and we have stone--together we can forge fortitude for the herdland. Brisa, you will oversee meeting with the Throat forgers. Resplendence, you will oversee meeting with the medics. I expect one soldier to go on each excursion with the Masons and the Healers." Archibald motioned towards his Champions briefly, the command articulated with urgency on his pale lips. "We have much to learn from each other, and in this time of uncertain quietness, there is the opportunity." As he addressed the rank leaders personally he made eye contact with them, molten gold eyes as stern and solid as his baritone.

"Ktulu, Ciceron," He started, eyes meeting Ciceron first but then moving to Ktulu, lingering with her crimsons for the rest of his address, "I expect our warriors to step up to their prime. The whole herd was lax in the last season and it will no longer be tolerated. Patrols and spars are high priority--sharpen the skills the gods have given you. Sneaks, you should also be patrolling and roaming. Gather any and all information you can about anything and everything you can." He paused for a moment, letting the commands fall into the hearts and minds of those who were most impacted. The tone of his voice and the way he stood so tall and domineering above them made one thing clear: there was no room for argument.

To finish, Archibald needed to touch on the ties with the other herds. After their invasion, the Aurora Basin had been quiet and left them alone. Archibald would visit them, speak with Deimos and the other leaders. The World's Edge, however, was in a state Archibald could not truly comprehend. Kahlua was gone, as Alysanne had said--and the Dauntless did not know what that meant for the politics of the herd. "We stand peaceful with the Dragon's Throat, as I stated previously. Kaj will be visiting the leaders of the World's Edge within the season, and I will venture north to the Aurora Basin. Should anyone have any information they deem pertinent to the diplomatic dealings with those herds, speak them without hesitation."

credits :: table

[*insert line about the last semester of college eating people and their ability to post magical ponies here*]

Through the ages of time
I've been known for my hate,
but I'm a dealer of simple choices;
for me it's never too late.

please tag me

Messages In This Thread
poison of our own pride - by Kaj - 02-07-2016, 01:37 AM
RE: poison of our own pride - by Archibald - 02-13-2016, 11:14 PM
RE: poison of our own pride - by Cirrus - 02-14-2016, 02:11 AM
RE: poison of our own pride - by Resplendence - 02-17-2016, 01:34 AM
RE: poison of our own pride - by Aaron - 02-17-2016, 03:21 AM
RE: poison of our own pride - by Murtagh - 02-17-2016, 12:47 PM