the Rift

[PRIVATE] Rejoice

Tiamat the Ocean's Light Posts: 360
Aurora Basin Lady atk: 8 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Nimue :: Common Orca Leviathan :: Boil Reli
no dreams within her heart,
but dreams of love
The bay mare’s description of the Edge catches Tiamat’s attention; like a sweet aroma that entices the senses, it draws white eyes to her friend’s face in a moment that’s rapt, swirling, and blossoming with wonder. “You can always hear the sea,” she murmurs, almost reverently, as if the words only seem real when they pass through her own lips. The blue mare can only imagine what life would be like to live so close to her father ocean—to be able to hear him always, to have his presence so close, so tangible. It would be a dream to have her parents always together, their little family together, never having to say goodbye.

Oh, what a blessing that would be!

Even so, Tiamat’s heart cannot imagine leaving her precious snowy peaks. While she longs for her father often, she never feels alone or abandoned—her mother is always watching, her brothers are a constant bond of support, and the magic of his watery blessing ebbs and flows within her very soul. He is with her, always. The Basin and its people are far too beloved, treasured, for her to even consider the idea of leaving them.

Exhaling peacefully from sapphire nostrils, she relaxes while listening as Lena continues, spinning images of faraway lands—of beauty and adventures, and an amiability among herd lands and people that could only exist within the realm of her own fragile heart. “I sure hope so,” Tiamat sighs wistfully, curiosity and desire blooming through her veins, “It all sounds so wonderful, so beautiful—like a fairy tale, almost.” Giggles slip over her tongue and past her smile, a playful shake of her head sending the shells in her hair tinkling.

“Isn’t that what makes the world grand—being able to learn from each and every place you’ve seen?”

The Time Mender’s question silences her laughter, dainty head tilting as she considers these words. They are far more profound than the bay mare would ever have intended; they strike a chord within the ocean mare, strumming a wave of admiration and awe throughout her body, warm and sweet. “It is,” Tiamat breathes. She can think of nothing more to say. To add anything would be to tarnish a reality that is beautiful in its simplicity. Sometimes they don’t need an eloquent speech or a grandiose declaration—sometimes, it is the simplest things that move them the most. And she cherishes that.

With her thoughts swathed in a euphoric bliss, Tiamat smiles as Lena goes on, proposing her own theories for the pavilion that surrounds them. Her question gives the ocean mare pause, a long moment passing before she answers. When she speaks, it is soft and slow. “I imagine the gods would want what’s best for those they protect,” perhaps there is a little too much earnestness in her voice, her tone a little too tense. Tiamat wants nothing more than to believe in her gods, and all that they must do for their people, but...the Rift wars have left her questioning. This doubt, though fought, has already been seeded in her mind.

Shaking her head free of such cheerless things, the ocean mare nestles closer to her friend, leaning her head gently against the Songbird’s shoulder. Breathing in Lena’s familiar scent, she is comforted, brought again to the elation, the simplicity of life, and all of its wonderful beauty. Closing her eyes, Tiamat enjoys their closeness. “It is nice to be with you again, my friend,” her lips are shadowed by a smile, clinging to their time now, together, when nothing is wrong in the world.

notes; Omg I suck I'm so sorry<3 figured we could wrap this up! You don't have to reply. I adore Lena<3333
“Speech.”

@Lena | art by Blu ♥
please tag Tia in all replies!
magic & force are permitted.

Messages In This Thread
Rejoice - by Lena - 02-07-2016, 12:14 PM
RE: Rejoice - by Tiamat - 02-14-2016, 06:29 AM
RE: Rejoice - by Lena - 02-21-2016, 10:05 AM
RE: Rejoice - by Tiamat - 04-01-2016, 07:11 PM
RE: Rejoice - by Lena - 04-20-2016, 06:05 AM
RE: Rejoice - by Tiamat - 04-23-2016, 12:59 PM
RE: Rejoice - by Lena - 05-08-2016, 05:52 PM