the Rift

[OPEN] i've tried my hand at prayer

Freyja Posts: 15
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3 :: Nine years
Valentine
these lofty thoughts are killing me
preoccupied with what i could be</style>

Freyja had been feeling adventurous, and had wandered out of the Edge as dawn approached, letting her hooves guide here where they may. Helovia had new surprises around every twist and turn, something new always catching the sabino mare off-guard. She had seen a girl with butterfly wings, the largest stallion she'd ever met in her life, and learned that magic might actually be a real thing, but every day that passed, there was always more to be learned, to be seen. It was truly incredible.

This particular morning, she found herself wandering along the edge of a forest, the waves of the ocean murmuring softly as she made her way farther inland. She expected to be alone, but as she approached what she thought was just a large group of boulders, her gaze settled on the figure of another. Oh. Freyja blinked, wondering if what she was seeing was real.

This horse... she was the embodiment of a perfect sunrise, all soothing pinks and dusty purples and the purest white Freyja had ever seen. Truly breathtaking. The bay might have felt a twinge of jealousy; no one should ever be that beautiful, it was simply unfair to the rest of them. But alas, the vision of a mare stood before her, and Freyja wondered if she was open to a bit of conversation. She had never been good at making new friends, choosing to keep her distance most of the time, but this was an opportunity she could not miss. Perhaps there was more to this girl than met the eye.

She approached with a gentle, "hello," and a warm smile, her blue eyes roaming over the girl's face as she came to a stop next to her. "What do you think is down there?" She asked, peering alongside her into the gaping mouth of the cavern, wondering what kind of beasts or treasure could lay in its depths. She found herself quite curious, but like her new companion, could not seem to move herself forward, to take those first steps inside.

"I have never been in a cave before. Do you think there might be treasure inside?" A feeble attempt at small talk, really. Freyja wasn't sure what else she should be talking about as they both stared into the abyss before them. Lovely weather we're having, yes? did not seem appropriate. Chewing the inside of her lip, the bay mare turned to look into the other's face, her smile returning as she introduced herself. "My name is Freyja."

((ooc: no please excuse this pathetic post, I don't know why I had to force it out. Hopefully I'll get back into the flow next time <3))

@Persephone

Messages In This Thread
i've tried my hand at prayer - by Persephone - 02-07-2016, 07:27 PM
RE: i've tried my hand at prayer - by Freyja - 02-10-2016, 08:25 PM
RE: i've tried my hand at prayer - by Persephone - 02-15-2016, 09:03 PM