the Rift

[OPEN] i've tried my hand at prayer

Persephone Posts: 45
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.0 hh :: 6 (ages in Orangemoon)
Alecto :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams ChaoticMelodies
this old world has brought me pain
               but there's hope for me again
The entrance to the caves yawns widely in front of me. I shift anxiously from left to right, unsure and uncomfortable. I don't have any particular urge to descend into the darkness, but somehow, I cannot bring myself to leave. If I stray from the coast line, I will be lost - and I am not ready to lose the only direction I have found to go. I do not have a destination in mind, and the pointless wandering terrifies me - at least with the sea as my guide, I was able to imagine that it would lead me somewhere. I glance to the distant forests, heart hammering in my chest. The herbs are wearing off. I must make a decision, and make it soon, or I know that I will not stray from this spot.

A voice startles me, making me jump and squeal, dancing sideways away from its source. Realizing that the newcomer had only meant to greet me, I swallowed and settled, laughing nervously, as though to send my embarrassment away with the sound. "Oh, h-hello," I stammer, attempting a smile. It works, to a degree: it is friendly, but fearful, for I don't know how to make it otherwise. "It's awfully dark in there," I point out fretfully, eyeing the black hole that is the cavern entrance. It seems to be getting darker by the minute (though it is probably my imagination, I admit). One, two, three... I begin to count, silently, as I shift my weight from side to side. By the time I reach ten, I feel much calmer.

"If there's treasure, don't you think something might be guarding it?" I can see that there is adventure in this mare, just waiting to be set free; but, unfortunately for her, she has stumbled across the wrong horse for explorations. I have no desire to go into that cave. In fact, the forest that had been so daunting a few moments ago was starting to look more and more inviting. "I am Cora," I added, accepting her introduction and returning my own alias. "It is nice to meet you, Freyja. I'm sorry to be so fretful - I have only just begun to explore this land, and it frightens me." I smile, bashful, worry gnawing at the back of my mind. She should know that I am not an explorer, not one to invite on her exciting exploits. I am perfectly happy out here, thank you very much.

Still, I almost wish that I wasn't.
"Persephone speaks."
Persephone
Image by Xyroca

@Freyja
[Image: 5626e4bc4fe1a]
pixel by Kiara <3

Please tag Persephone in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.
Persephone always goes by the alias "Cora."

Want to plot with Persephone? Visit her plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
i've tried my hand at prayer - by Persephone - 02-07-2016, 07:27 PM
RE: i've tried my hand at prayer - by Freyja - 02-10-2016, 08:25 PM
RE: i've tried my hand at prayer - by Persephone - 02-15-2016, 09:03 PM