the Rift

i reserve my right to be afraid

Xolani Posts: 39
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 15.0 hh :: 6 years (ages in Orangemoon)
ChaoticMelodies
XOLANI
The mare's coat gleamed in the sunlight that filtered through the bare branches above and reflected off the light layer of snow covering the ground. She picked her way carefully through the woods, her light blue eyes flickering over her surroundings. She had been traveling for over a year now, and she was unaware of having stumbled into any place in particular; rather, she had taken note of the varying scents dulled by the flurries covering the terrain and followed them. Many of them were purely equine, but there were others, too, others that had a faint hint of something else. She was curious to find out just what manner of creatures she had managed to find.

Xolani had wandered with no destination in mind, and it didn't occur to her, even as the smells of horse grew stronger, that perhaps she neared the end of her journey. She had wished, initially, to escape, to get away from all that plagued her young life, to save herself from the pain inflicted by her family - but after the first few lonely months, the mare had begun to enjoy her travels for what they were, rather than where they would lead her. She had grown fond of solitude, to a certain degree; she had been fascinated by each new sight, enamored with every new plant and animal. She had giggled at the antics of flying squirrels in one forest, ran with a herd of gazelle in the grasslands, watched with glee at the hunting habits of an osprey while crossing a river; and now she was here, and here was somewhere new, and that was exciting.

Before long, she came to a gently bubbling creek. It had not yet grown cold enough to freeze to water over, and she was able to quench her growing thirst with the frigid liquid. Satisfied, she moved on. There was little life in the forest, and she assumed that many animals had left or settled for the winter; but still, those scents persisted, and despite her anxiety at the thought of running into her own kind, she could not help but long for companionship. She pressed on, searching for hoof prints in the snow, looking for any signs of movement, listening for the sound of voices. Would she even know what her own kind sounded like anymore? It had been so long since she had come across another equine that she no longer knew.

Perhaps it was time to find out.

OOC ;; @Ilios or Daemyn, whichever you prefer!

Messages In This Thread
i reserve my right to be afraid - by Xolani - 02-07-2016, 10:48 PM
RE: i reserve my right to be afraid - by Ilios - 02-08-2016, 03:49 AM
RE: i reserve my right to be afraid - by Xolani - 02-08-2016, 12:55 PM
RE: i reserve my right to be afraid - by Ilios - 02-09-2016, 03:54 AM
RE: i reserve my right to be afraid - by Xolani - 02-10-2016, 12:38 AM