the Rift

[PRIVATE] failure finds me

Darwin Posts: 74
World's Edge Protector atk: 5.0 | def: 8.0 | dam: 6.0
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15 hh :: 4 Years (Ages in Birdsong) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Antaa :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix Skylark
Antaa shifted under the swift uncomfort that Darwin began to feel. His frustration caused her restlessness and he began to wonder if taking on such a creature was even a good idea in the first place. She was so needy and he lacked the skills to make sure she got what she needed. Was it spoiling or just life? He wasn’t sure, but he could tell through their brand new connection that she needed food, and she needed it now.

What are you doing?

A growl came toward him and caught him by surprise considering he had been distracted by the angry squawks of the bird he had tried to kill. In a swift reaction, he pulled his wings into himself, carrying them strong upon his back as his stone eyes gazed across the water where he had thought he was delusional in the possibility of seeing something. Evidently, his sight was better than his mind – but the creature he saw emerge from the water was unlike anything he had ever seen before. Raising an eyebrow to her, he watched her for a few moments unsure of how to even answer it. Honesty? Or not? Perhaps this aquatic beast could keep a secret?

Darwin sighed to himself briefly. “I don’t want trouble. I’ve just recently started taking care of this –” He began, swinging his heavy bearded head to the direction of the flaming Phoenix chick nestled into the sands. “She’s hungry and I can’t seem to find any rats in these stupid sands.” His ears flattened briefly to his skull, angry at himself to revealing his problem to a stranger. But the more he thought about it, perhaps she could help. She appeared as though she could swim – something Darwin had never learned to do – and perhaps would be willing to help get Antaa something so she could stop pulling on their emotional line.

The phoenix then pushed herself up from the little sand nest and bounded over to her bonded, eyes bright and wide as she looked at the creature in the water with such awe. Her beak partially open as she literally gawked at the creature. Taking note of this, Darwin looked down to the chick with an almost embarrassed look. “Stop staring, Antaa it’s not polite.” He grumbled to her, hoping that the little chick of fire wouldn’t push away their only hope at food for her.

"Talk."
& they said you were the crooked kind—
that you'd never have no worth,
but you were always gold to me.
image credits

@Aquila

Pixel by BronzeHalo @ Deviantart

Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Darwin, without killing him.
Please tag in every post!

Messages In This Thread
failure finds me - by Darwin - 02-08-2016, 05:23 PM
RE: failure finds me - by Aquila - 02-08-2016, 07:02 PM
RE: failure finds me - by Darwin - 02-08-2016, 10:23 PM
RE: failure finds me - by Aquila - 02-09-2016, 01:02 AM
RE: failure finds me - by Darwin - 02-09-2016, 05:50 PM
RE: failure finds me - by Aquila - 02-09-2016, 08:51 PM
RE: failure finds me - by Darwin - 02-10-2016, 03:29 AM
RE: failure finds me - by Aquila - 02-12-2016, 09:47 AM
RE: failure finds me - by Darwin - 02-13-2016, 05:47 AM
RE: failure finds me - by Aquila - 02-19-2016, 03:31 PM