the Rift

[PRIVATE] failure finds me

Darwin Posts: 74
World's Edge Protector atk: 5.0 | def: 8.0 | dam: 6.0
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15 hh :: 4 Years (Ages in Birdsong) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Antaa :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix Skylark
As she questioned him, he watched her curiously. He noted the fact that she seemed to be warming up to him even the slightest bit – which the Pegasus considered to be a small victory. He shrugged lightly, nodding. “She can’t talk yet, but I can feel her emotions. I can talk to her and she can respond by emotion and visuals. Like pictures? I can see images she sends me – like when she’s riding on my back while we’re flying. She likes to send pictures.” A chuckle escaped his bearded maw.

Though Darwin takes note of her shift in emotion as he approached her, but also happy in knowing that she didn’t move away from him. Instead she stood like a pillar, watching his every move like a hawk. Did she think he would hurt her? He had much better thing to do than hurt someone so kind as to help him out in his time of need. If anything, he figured he owed her a debt. Something he could hope to repay, but nothing quite set in stone. Instead he watched her as she spoke, listening to her every word as well as keeping a stone gaze on Antaa now and then as she divulged herself to the fullest, beginning to play with the claw.

I’m sorry for you loss Aquila.” A small frown found the man’s lips. He dropped his gaze from her briefly before looking out across the endless mirror-like waters. “As harsh as it may be, sometimes liberation means losing those you trust and love the most.” His ear shifted in a way as if he seemed to be thinking heavily. It reminded him of his own family, his upbringing, his murderous brothers. So when he turned his head back to the mare, he offered her a small smile. “My mother was killed by my brothers just after I was born. I fled Helovia when I was old enough afraid they might turn on me. It was hard being away but it was for the better.” He began to conclude, his voice growing a bit heavier with the weight of his words. “I’m not back to see my siblings. But I am here because eventually everyone ends up back where they started.” He nodded to her, beard waving gently with such movements. “And one day I hope you will too.

He hoped deep down that she wouldn’t leave. Part of him longed for the mare’s company and quick wit. Even though he had only known her for such a short time, he had already grown attached. Debts did that, he assumed. And he hoped that even if she got the chance to return to her beloved home, that perhaps their friendship would grow in the meantime and she would at least be able to tell him a goodbye before leaving him.

"Talk."
& they said you were the crooked kind—
that you'd never have no worth,
but you were always gold to me.
image credits

@Aquila

Pixel by BronzeHalo @ Deviantart

Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Darwin, without killing him.
Please tag in every post!

Messages In This Thread
failure finds me - by Darwin - 02-08-2016, 05:23 PM
RE: failure finds me - by Aquila - 02-08-2016, 07:02 PM
RE: failure finds me - by Darwin - 02-08-2016, 10:23 PM
RE: failure finds me - by Aquila - 02-09-2016, 01:02 AM
RE: failure finds me - by Darwin - 02-09-2016, 05:50 PM
RE: failure finds me - by Aquila - 02-09-2016, 08:51 PM
RE: failure finds me - by Darwin - 02-10-2016, 03:29 AM
RE: failure finds me - by Aquila - 02-12-2016, 09:47 AM
RE: failure finds me - by Darwin - 02-13-2016, 05:47 AM
RE: failure finds me - by Aquila - 02-19-2016, 03:31 PM