the Rift

[PRIVATE] failure finds me

Darwin Posts: 74
World's Edge Protector atk: 5.0 | def: 8.0 | dam: 6.0
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15 hh :: 4 Years (Ages in Birdsong) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Antaa :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix Skylark
Antaa began to spend the next few moments as the Aquatic mare spoke to preen her firey orange feathers, continuing the gesture into Darwin’s ivory mane. Yet the stallion was transfixed on Aquila as she questioned his other form, her voice growing gentler. Darwin’s chest began to billow with pride at perhaps he was actually making a friend with this apparent newcomer to Helovia. So he smiled to her and nodded. “I can turn into a Phoenix, like Antaa here.” He lifted his head a bit, gesturing to the phoenix that chirped in disappointment with Darwin’s head jerking. “That’s why I think she thinks I’m her mother or something. I was in that form when she hatched and she hasn’t left me yet.” He shrugged briefly, his smile growing brighter as she continued to speak.

His eyes watched her as his ears drank in everything she said. It took all of his will to not drop his jaw as she moved her barbed tail with such flawlessness. “The phoenix is all that I have.” He admitted, perhaps a bit sheepishly. She seemed to have so much and here he was just able to turn into a flaming bird. He wondered what other magic he could get – if the sun god would be kind enough to grace him with a fiery addition to his already intense transformation magic. Though part of him worried from it – the transformation was excruciatingly painful, but once in the form it didn’t hurt. It was just getting there that seemed to be the bane of his existence. Either way, he pushed the thoughts to the back of his mind, turning his attention back onto the mare.

Remind me not to get on your bad side. I don’t think I’d like the feel of those barbs in me.” A throaty laugh escaped his maw as his posture relaxed even further. Instead, he inhaled briefly – feeling the tug of Antaa during her cleaning process on his mane and its growing annoyance. “Do you live somewhere here now? Or just wander?” He questioned, cocking his head, his feathers ruffling ever so calmly in the wind. “I prefer sleeping wherever I choose with nothing I’m forced to do.” He admitted, remembering the duties to herds that he had learned whilst growing up in the Foothills. A part of him secretly hoping that she was a vagabond like him and that they'd be able to explore and travel together. He was getting used to her crass and he rather liked the interaction. He wondered briefly if she did too, or if this whole "getting to know you" thing was boring her.

"Talk."
& they said you were the crooked kind—
that you'd never have no worth,
but you were always gold to me.
image credits

@Aquila

Pixel by BronzeHalo @ Deviantart

Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Darwin, without killing him.
Please tag in every post!

Messages In This Thread
failure finds me - by Darwin - 02-08-2016, 05:23 PM
RE: failure finds me - by Aquila - 02-08-2016, 07:02 PM
RE: failure finds me - by Darwin - 02-08-2016, 10:23 PM
RE: failure finds me - by Aquila - 02-09-2016, 01:02 AM
RE: failure finds me - by Darwin - 02-09-2016, 05:50 PM
RE: failure finds me - by Aquila - 02-09-2016, 08:51 PM
RE: failure finds me - by Darwin - 02-10-2016, 03:29 AM
RE: failure finds me - by Aquila - 02-12-2016, 09:47 AM
RE: failure finds me - by Darwin - 02-13-2016, 05:47 AM
RE: failure finds me - by Aquila - 02-19-2016, 03:31 PM