the Rift

[PRIVATE] failure finds me

Aquila Posts: 95
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.2 :: 6 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Craonos :: Common Narwhal Leviathan :: Boil smitty
the tempest of an unrelenting sea
Too-big eyes watch as Darwin answers her— he can turn into a phoenix? As if having wings wasn’t enough, the man could turn into fiery, flighted creature? Gaze sweeps him once, as if expecting flames to sprout from his feathers and skin— though, strangely, she does not tense or get defensive at this thought. On their sweep back to his face, her eyes arrest on Antaa as she preens both her feathers and his silken locks. “You think it is just your other form that keeps her with you?” There is a mild undercurrent of disbelief in her throaty voice, “You are not a phoenix now, but she is curled in your mane.” Was there a hint of jealousy in those words?

The mare, so used to be surrounded by her people, was now a lone island in a foreign sea. She shoved this thought severely from her mind, gaze forcefully snapping away from Antaa and to Darwin’s teal eyes. Though his gaze was fixed on her barbed tail, which she flicked and the rattle of barbs buzzed through the air. She flicked an ear back towards them— they did not make such a noise beneath the sea.

His attention shifts back to her face, as hers does to his, and his hearty laugh and amused words break the air between them. And (finally) a smile sweeps across her severe face. It’s a strange thing to see, adding some sort of austere beauty to her war-painted features. “Keep your wings and flames to yourself, and I shall do the same with my barbs,” despite the serious meaning of her words, a humor laced and lightened her tone.

“Do you live somewhere now?…I prefer sleeping wherever I choose…” Her smile fades as his questions are voiced. “I sleep alone,” her answer was immediate, mind promptly (perhaps alarmed) negating the notion of her sleeping with him. Though that may not have been the intention of his speech, his easy charm and obvious care he had for Antaa combined with her isolation led her mind down the path of coupling Akvians creating small seahorses. Uncharacteristically, her eyes blink twice and her staring gaze darts away from him once. A tense pause extends, before more words growl from her throat, “I have been trying to find Akvo. I have not been trying to find a new home.” Again, the sadness flashed amidst her confused chagrin, “But now, I should find one, I think.” This was said as a question— should she? What could she do if not be a warrior for nation?

@Darwin this was awkward to write, because she's being weird... I hope it came across okay XD

Please tag Aquila in all posts.

Messages In This Thread
failure finds me - by Darwin - 02-08-2016, 05:23 PM
RE: failure finds me - by Aquila - 02-08-2016, 07:02 PM
RE: failure finds me - by Darwin - 02-08-2016, 10:23 PM
RE: failure finds me - by Aquila - 02-09-2016, 01:02 AM
RE: failure finds me - by Darwin - 02-09-2016, 05:50 PM
RE: failure finds me - by Aquila - 02-09-2016, 08:51 PM
RE: failure finds me - by Darwin - 02-10-2016, 03:29 AM
RE: failure finds me - by Aquila - 02-12-2016, 09:47 AM
RE: failure finds me - by Darwin - 02-13-2016, 05:47 AM
RE: failure finds me - by Aquila - 02-19-2016, 03:31 PM