the Rift

[OPEN] I see only by the light of my skin

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie

“You would only wish,” she says with a pleasant snort, and the smile which adorns his face takes on a brighter shine, a stronger curve, because she is so very wrong he could laugh - but he doesn’t.  He also doesn’t give it much more of a reply than his rogue’s smile, delighting, as he does, in the notion that he might deceive her, even in this small way.  However, it is unnecessarily hurtful to tell someone that he’d rather lick a pile of white dog crap than have children with a bird, and even Rikyn, with all his general lack of concern for others, realizes this, and holds his tongue.

As carefully as she studies him, he makes the gestures of his golden eyes minimal, and it is for two reasons: one, he thinks gawking is rude (mostly because his mother had bopped him over the head anytime he took to doing it as a small boy), but also because, despite his attempts to cling to his foolish faith, she is a woman…

And the young man, like all young men, really likes letting his eyes wander with his thoughts to places that, if thoughts were like spoken words, would make the vast majority of females flee what, by all cases, would be an overly riled lecher.

Blessedly, any thoughts of her curves or maybe smelling the air to see if she was near her season are stolen away with his smile by her next words.

Do I know you? she asks, in what is probably a very logical manner – she doesn’t know him, but thinks she does, much like he feels of her.  That she means it with no offense does not change the fact that Rikyn takes it as being terribly rude to be asked that precise series of words one after the other.  It makes him think of being shunted from a conversation by disassociation, and while that’s probably not what is happening, he takes it as such, immediately.

That delightful smile is shaped roughly into a disgruntled frown, his ears falling back and his eyes narrowing as he wonders what crawled up her ass today that she thinks acting that way will get her anywhere, with anyone (says the guy who picks fights with nearly every being he encounters).

Thankfully, the twisted little shunt that serves as his conscience intervenes before his mouth can go off, though his eyes are still wary and full of daggers; but you know her, says his mind, and so he allows himself to oblige the curiosity, rather than to immediately chase her off with his hot temper.

"I surely think so," he says in such a way that purely can be taken as rudeness – it’s the sort of statement that is usually followed by, ‘I’m your cousin, dumbass,” or some a friend of a friend, or some other relation, but Rikyn doesn’t know who she is from the sparrows twittering overhead.  Even when he allows himself to actually look at her for a period of seconds (oh, look, her coat is rather uniquely patterned, isn’t it?  Wait that’s not what I was looking at…), he can’t place her.  

"Calor of the Nightwalk," he answers, like the devious fox he is, bending his words for maximum effect on his behalf, "perhaps I know you from my wanderings in this land of, oh…"

The pause he adds is for dramatic effect, his face even taking on the features of one who searches their thoughts for something they know, but are not close to; it’s all he takes not to let his jester’s grin through that the realm he struggles so hard to place is the very one he was born in.  He lets it last only half a second, the black bay not wishing to be perceived a fool, not quite that prepared for the world that hides behind these games he plays from time to time.

"Helovia, that’s it.  I am not the most social of men, but the people of this land seem to make up for that in their eagerness to ruin others day with unwarranted conversation," he adds to his words the flourish of smile, "I thought I’d return the favor this afternoon."

Image by Ghostly - Code by Tamme

@Rhea

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Messages In This Thread
I see only by the light of my skin - by Rikyn - 02-08-2016, 08:36 PM
RE: I see only by the light of my skin - by Rhea - 03-23-2016, 06:32 PM
RE: I see only by the light of my skin - by Rikyn - 03-24-2016, 12:47 PM
RE: I see only by the light of my skin - by Rhea - 03-25-2016, 08:03 PM
RE: I see only by the light of my skin - by Rikyn - 03-28-2016, 01:43 PM
RE: I see only by the light of my skin - by Rhea - 04-05-2016, 08:10 PM
RE: I see only by the light of my skin - by Rikyn - 04-06-2016, 12:26 PM
RE: I see only by the light of my skin - by Rhea - 04-06-2016, 09:47 PM
RE: I see only by the light of my skin - by Rikyn - 04-11-2016, 10:23 AM