the Rift

[PRIVATE] my winter song for you

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah
Alysanne
“Thank you, I appreciate it so much if you could.” Hopefully Naerys would turn up sooner or later - whether in the Falls or in the Edge. She smiled a knowing smile when Brisa went on to explain how Aeolus was growing up too fast. Hopefully that particular son was keeping out of trouble - no more jumping off cliffs to save young fillies! “Too fast indeed! I still thought Naerys was my little girl and she grew up in the blink of an eye!”

The matter of whether Brisa hated her had been weighing on Alysanne for some time - but so did the question that was returned to her. This was a subject long overdue, they should have talked about this right after it became apparent that they would be separated. But instead Alysanne had allowed herself to fester in uncertainty and doubt, separated from the herd she claimed was her family.

She relaxed when Brisa was quick to assure her that no, there was no hate there between them, and felt stronger in the white mare’s certainty about it.

And when the question was reversed, Alysanne kept her sad eyes on Brisa - not wanting to do this exchange any discredit by turning away but her voice was so quiet when she spoke. “I... thought I did.” Even as she said it, she knew it was wrong. She knew she had never hated Brisa - so she shook her head quickly and continued, her voice stronger now. “No, I never hated you. I was hurt for a while… I didn’t see the difference between what she did and what they did to secure “peace”.” Alysanne blamed Archibald and Kaj for the invasion and she still felt moved by anger when she thought about it. When she remembered walking into the Falls and seeing the chaos, when she remembered Archibald fighting Ghost and bringing too close to death, when she remembered Resplendence's condescending words as she offered healing. The aftermath of that battle had been the first time she had really experienced anger and it was a permanent fixture in her heart now, its roots spreading and forcing her to crack under the pressure.

It hardly helped that she had discovered Kaj was a bigger coward than she had ever expected - that he had erased her from his memory and removed any guilt along the way.

“Are you happy there?” That was all that mattered, all it needed to come down to for Alysanne.
everybody heals with love
Image Credit
table by Sevin <3

@Brisa <3
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Messages In This Thread
my winter song for you - by Alysanne - 02-08-2016, 10:39 PM
RE: my winter song for you - by Brisa - 02-09-2016, 09:10 PM
RE: my winter song for you - by Alysanne - 02-19-2016, 07:17 PM
RE: my winter song for you - by Brisa - 03-19-2016, 10:17 PM
RE: my winter song for you - by Alysanne - 06-17-2016, 09:11 PM
RE: my winter song for you - by Brisa - 06-18-2016, 09:05 PM
RE: my winter song for you - by Alysanne - 06-29-2016, 07:55 PM
RE: my winter song for you - by Brisa - 06-29-2016, 09:05 PM
RE: my winter song for you - by Alysanne - 07-02-2016, 10:50 PM