the Rift

[OPEN] ¡Prendeme Fuego!

Milo Posts: 60
Outcast
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 2 years [Birdsong]
Jen

I don't have time to take in the curious waving of the fans on her face, her unique greeting, before hot air rushes up to meet me. There is a yell, something that I can recognize by a curse by its inflection even without knowing the meaning. When I don't fall to my death I wonder if the fire has formed a wall or a cradle--something to catch me. But if it has then it's a strange one, for it hurts; there is a prickling of pain along my neck, something like razor sharp teeth.

Then there is a pull, another body pulling mine onto sparse shore. Maybe throwing it, I an't be sure. Whatever it is the motion is swift and secure. I feel something like comfort in its care for me, even as the teeth release and start small beads of blood lining up along my neck where their grip once held so tightly.

Hesitant and shaking I recover myself and move away from the edge. The mare yells again, but I suspect with something different behind it than just anger. Was she scared, too? Was there a possibility that she actually cared about my well-being? How unfamiliar.

If nothing else, she has earned my trust. And even if she hasn't I would be rude to deny her advances now. She gives me her name like a concession; the fact that she doesn't ask me for mine, that she seems (if only reluctantly) content to let me stay quiet, is a comfort.

Aquila. I try to shape the word in my mind but find it fails--silently roll it in my mouth but can still make little sense of its foreign sound. At a loss, I simply nicker and let that roll of a sound mimic the syllabic cadence of her name. It is something, just as it is good to meet someone who saves my life.

Even if they do look like a monster.

I move closer, this time with a hint of more confidence, and approach her so that she stands between myself and the edge. I won't make that mistake again. Gently I reach up, my nostrils flaring and my exhales the soft snort of a child, and try to brush my nose against the edge of the strange flaps on her face, not considering that they might not be safe to touch.

""

I am not sure if it is
BETTER OR WORSE
to know all that I do
image credits

@Aquila

Messages In This Thread
¡Prendeme Fuego! - by Milo - 02-09-2016, 11:14 AM
RE: ¡Prendeme Fuego! - by Aquila - 02-09-2016, 01:36 PM
RE: ¡Prendeme Fuego! - by Milo - 02-18-2016, 03:19 PM
RE: ¡Prendeme Fuego! - by Aquila - 02-19-2016, 04:43 PM
RE: ¡Prendeme Fuego! - by Milo - 02-27-2016, 11:54 AM