the Rift

[PRIVATE] Break My Chains and Open My Cage

Cetan Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

It felt like... ages since he had been here. Stood by this sea. Last time... he was with Thor, there were many others and an egg. It made him remember brief happiness, so he greedily sucked in the salty air, the wind nearly knocking his bony frame over with it's force.

No longer a gangly colt, Cetan stood a malnourished stallion, his twin horns brittle and cracked, mane patched and his coat lacking the luster of a healthy horse. Oh no, no he was far from healthy. Too many scars littered his dark hide, he couldn't even see out of his left eye anymore. Life had taken his cowardice, his fear of happiness, and punished him for it.

He didn't bother fighting it anymore. The blows thrown at him from fate and hoof fell on numbed flesh, his mind far gone, clutching at memories that had made heat bloom in his chest and hope unfurl in his heart, hope and warmth that had long been replaced by ice and hollowness. He didn't even hope for someone to come and take him gently beneath their wing again. He didn't deserve it, he knew this now.

What did a coward ever deserve but misery?

Cetan watched the lapping waves far below, his skin twitching and shivering with the cold wind that bit through his barren winter coat, blue eyes unfocusedly watching the water.

It was strange, actually.

He could almost hear every sound, every shifting grain of sand, every gull in the distance. He could feel the bitter cold hand of the wind against him, feel it toss and run through his sparse mane. Smell the salt on the air and the scent of his own flesh. The world was crystal, beautiful, fleeting even.

So when he heard the hoofsteps behind him, he did not turn. He had resigned himself long ago to whatever fate laid before him.

It had been beaten into him that resistance was useless.

It had been beaten into his flesh that happiness could not exist for him.

He was sick of being so broken, he was so weary now.

He was so tired.

@Time @Glacia
Cetan
Word Count: 000 Tags: 000
Credits
| SnowPhotography@deviantart | faestock@deviantart | tursiart@deviantart | Linds |

Please tag Cetan in all posts
Permission is given for any force against Cetan provided it does not kill him

Messages In This Thread
Break My Chains and Open My Cage - by Cetan - 02-09-2016, 10:54 PM
RE: Break My Chains and Open My Cage - by Abraham - 03-02-2016, 09:31 PM