the Rift

[PRIVATE] Shall We Dance?

Rei Posts: 140
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14hh :: 5 years HP: 62.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Anka :: Oriental Short Clawed Otter :: None TierRen
Rei

"I beg thine's forgiveness, mo chroí, I have no excuse save that of mine own folly."

"Folly? Surely you were only venturing off to collect more stories." I wink at him easily giving him an excuse for his absence. I do not want for him to beg for my forgiveness because of a part of who he is. "I did ask for you to tell me more, so perhaps I should be thanking you."

"Then hear them forever, and think of me should mine hooves stray." I can feel my face fall slightly at his words and I do my best to hide the pained expression. With those words I feel as though I have already began to lose him again. "Kvothe, I am stunned, "surely I cannot keep these." Even as I say it I am comforted by the feeling of them in my mane. Gently I toss my head creating my own version of the song that I have heard Kvothe make so many times before. Tears well in my eyes oh for so long I had yearned for the sound of these bells! And now they rest among my own hairs. Kvothe is so close to me once more.  

"But if I do I insist that you have this.." I call Anka over and I flash an image of the small music box that I want her to grab. It is easier for her to open the compartment on my collar and to grab the item with her paws than what it is for me. Once she grabs it she dashes over to Kvothe and holds it up towards him.

"I had it crafted," I stand up awkwardly wondering what he will think of the gift. Will he think it to be silly? "Back where I come from a band of pegasi passed through from time to time." I smile softly at the memory, I am sure that Kvothe would have gotten along well with the free spirits that belonged to the group. "None of them had spoken names. Instead each wore a collar like mine that played their name song." Suddenly I feel self conscious about my collar and the song it plays. It feels as though it reveals too much of myself. "Their name song was meant to guide them in life, to remind them of who they were and to represent that we are all a part of life's song; every life adds something. In their names and tails the pegasi had music boxes woven in. Each of their boxes represented a feeling or a life event."

I blush brightly as I assume that he is coming to put my words together. "The one associated with the memory would be the first to braid the new musical box in. Everywhere that the band went music followed." It had been lovely. There were plenty of Lytninians who had thought the band to be terribly strange and that had rejoiced their leaving but there had been others, including myself, who had mourned in their absence. I had the small music boxes crafted to give to my dearest friends. Each box carried a song that I thought went well with my favorite moment with that I experienced with them.

Stepping forward I pluck the music box from Anka, who pouts a little because she did not get to give it to him, and I step to his side. Gently I place the box on his back while I braid part of his mane. It is not a perfect braid. Parts of his hair stick out and the groupings of hair are uneven. Once I have the braid halfway finished I slide the bead-like music box onto the it before finishing it to hold the box in place. I press the button that begins his song and it quietly sings around us. Realizing that I had not taken the time to be sure that he would want the gift I stand awkwardly. "If you do not like it I can take it off of course." Blushing greatly I add, "This music box carries a song that I think suits my favorite moment that we spent together." Feeling so terribly self conscious I bury my face into his mane close to the braid and music box that I had given him.

"Rei... mo chroí..." I still even farther as I hear him say those words again. I do not know what they mean, but they certainly leave me feeling warmth. I hope that he is heading towards telling me that he likes the gift. "Do you remember when I spoke of the trouper and his song to the moon?" I am not sure how the story is related to us right now but I answer anyways. "Yes, I think that I remember it. Why?"

OOC: I have a small item on my prize list that Kvothe can have if he wants to keep the music box. @Kvothe

image credits
- table by Niki -
Magic usage is okay.
Just ask before doing any actions that may cause a great deal of damage first.
I am also okay with being tagged.

Messages In This Thread
Shall We Dance? - by Rei - 02-09-2016, 11:45 PM
RE: Shall We Dance? - by Kvothe - 02-10-2016, 12:04 AM
RE: Shall We Dance? - by Rei - 02-10-2016, 12:46 AM
RE: Shall We Dance? - by Kvothe - 02-10-2016, 08:56 PM
RE: Shall We Dance? - by Rei - 02-11-2016, 04:04 PM