the Rift

[OPEN] walk my days on a wire (joining)

Freyja Posts: 15
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3 :: Nine years
Valentine
the chambers resonate, the echoes dissipate
the slow beat of my love has finally stopped</style>

It was approaching dusk when Freyja made it to the Edge. The trees towered above her like giants, large and imposing, the setting sun throwing rays of light through their branches, the forest around her glowing warmly. In the distance, there was a low, steady rumble, and the smell of salt was stronger with each step she took. She wasn't quite sure where she was going; she was letting her instincts guide her, and though her mind was full of worries, she tried to quell her fears by thinking of Myrrine, the young winged mare she had quickly become fond of.

Being with her had put Freyja's troubled mind at ease. The girl's wide-eyed innocence brought back buried memories of her lost daughter, the one that had walked away from her all those years ago without a second thought, her brother in tow behind her. Freyja had been helpless to watch them go; she knew she would have nothing left in her life without them, nothing worth holding onto, nothing to keep her going from day to miserable day, but she couldn't bring herself to stop them. Who was she to deny her children their freedom, the chance at a life of their own, a life of love and fulfillment and adventure and pain. She only wished Bjorn and Schuyler have a better go of it than she ever did.

She always kept the hope that she would see them again, but years had passed and no trace of them was ever found. Sometimes, Freyja's heart ached at night, her bones and skin and sinews seeming to cry out for her lost children, wanting nothing more than to be close to them again. I should have been better to them, she would think, and maybe they would have stayed. In the back of her sorrow-ridden mind, she knew it wasn't her fault - not really. She could have been a better mother to them, but the choice to leave had been only their own, and nothing she could have said would have stopped them - especially her stubborn as a mule daughter.

Schuyler would have liked it here, she thought. She had always loved the forests. Freyja's lips twitched, unsure if she wanted to smile or cry. Perhaps both would do her some good, but she would tuck that away for another time. Now was not the appropriate setting to be losing herself to her emotions. She was - hopefully - where she belonged. She needed not one thing more. A place to call home was all she had yearned for as she had wandered from place to place all these years, and now it was something she had: a physical, tangible thing. Her heart sang with joy.

She broke the tree line and the sharp smell of saltwater assaulted her nostrils, the sun on the horizon blinding her as she broke from the shadows. Where the ocean had been a simple, distant murmur before, it now roared before her, waves crashing against the cliffs below. It seemed impossible, but in all her years traveling, she had not seen the ocean. It was a truly amazing thing, full of power. It bent to the will of no man, and Freyja swallowed her uneasiness at the thought of what might lurk in those shadowy depths. She cautiously approached the edge of the cliffs, peering over the edge. Her stomach churned, and she quickly backed up, a feeling of vertigo overtaking her. Perhaps, for now, it was best to stay away.

((ooc: wow sorry for the crap starter please forgive me))

just like my heart

@Tembovu
@Myrrine

(Tagging you both cause idk who wants in on this xD)

Messages In This Thread
walk my days on a wire (joining) - by Freyja - 02-10-2016, 12:01 AM
RE: walk my days on a wire (joining) - by Myrrine - 02-10-2016, 10:58 PM
RE: walk my days on a wire (joining) - by Elsa - 02-11-2016, 10:48 AM
RE: walk my days on a wire (joining) - by Freyja - 02-14-2016, 10:49 PM
RE: walk my days on a wire (joining) - by Myrrine - 02-16-2016, 06:53 PM
RE: walk my days on a wire (joining) - by Freyja - 03-01-2016, 03:24 PM
RE: walk my days on a wire (joining) - by Elsa - 03-01-2016, 04:12 PM
RE: walk my days on a wire (joining) - by Myrrine - 03-06-2016, 10:00 PM
RE: walk my days on a wire (joining) - by Freyja - 03-09-2016, 10:58 PM
RE: walk my days on a wire (joining) - by Elsa - 03-10-2016, 09:51 AM