the Rift

[OPEN] Flowers in the depth of winter

Naerys Posts: 86
World's Edge Sleuth atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 4
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.1 :: 3 :: Tallsun HP: 65.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Petyr :: Bornean Green Magpie :: Ashen Rottie
WE ARE THE BEAUTIFUL MISTAKE

Naerys hadn't noticed that as soon as she began the long ascent up to the Heavenly Fields she was being followed. Though perhaps she is aware but simply refuses to acknowledge the other's existence (maybe it's father and goddess knows she certainly doesn't want to stop on his account). Petyr, however, completely notices. There's enough fog and other assorted obstacles impeding his keenly sharp vision but that doesn't stop him from watching the path behind them from his place upon the girl's shoulders. He remains quiet as he memorizes every detail he can, knowing full well that Naerys wouldn't listen to him right then anyway but the information he gathers might well be a necessity - depending on how all of this ends.

Not too long after the pair settled in beneath a tree did her teal eyes fall upon the figure of the thicker, larger figure. It didn't take much for Naerys to figure out that the stranger was watching her. Now, were she a far more fearful creature she might have taken to the air in an effort to escape and, subsequently, high-tail it out of there. Instead Naerys holds her ground, her posture far more erect and alert than it had been before. It was a double-edged sword, really. Only moments ago she'd been wanting company but now that she has it, well... she kind of wishes she didn't. Perhaps it was because of the unknown - the complete and utter lack of information on this particular stranger. It isn't her father, that much is clear, but as the figure begins her approach and Naerys' nostrils breathe deeply of her scent - there are traces of him lingering on the mare's coat.

Maybe father sent this mare after her, knowing full well that Naerys would run (or worse) if she saw him.

She almost convinced herself that it was true, almost shifted her expression to one of anger and contempt, almost pinning her ears back against her skull. Instead they merely flicked backwards before she rights them again, resuming her alert and attentive expression. The mare wastes no time in her approach nor does waste any time with her words. Unexpectedly, her words tug at the girl's heart. All she can imagine is her own mother wandering around, relatively calm outside to hide the torrent of anxiety swirling within, and approaching strangers with the same questions she'd just been presented. It hurt. It was like an invisible blade to her heart, sliding in nice and slow to drag out the agony. Naerys' expression rather quickly shifts to one far more solemn and subdued, concern creasing her brow and softening her sea-green gaze. "No. I'm sorry, I haven't but... maybe I could help you find her?" her voice is soft and genuine, sweet despite her earlier irritation.

Had she been anyone other than who she is, she would have left it there and the mare would have likely continued on in her search for her missing child. But the painted girl couldn't seem to forget the lingering smell of her father upon this mare. Naerys bears no love for the man, not after all that he's done, but she is naturally curious. Did he start a whole new family after he dumped her and her mother? If he did, when would he dump them for yet another new family? And he would do that, wouldn't he? Or was there simply something wrong with her. Naerys snorts softly at her own thoughts before shuffling her hooves amongst her own personal flowers and shaking her head softly. Refocusing on the grey mare, her teal eyes (the perfect mix of Alysanne and Miykael's) carefully watching her face. "Pardon me, but...I can smell traces of my father on you. Do you live in the Falls?" she asks, as politely as she is capable. Oh, Naerys. What have you gotten into now?

SO I DON'T CARE IF IT KILLS ME TONIGHT
Image Credits

@December

IN YOUR HEART SHALL BURN AN UNQUENCHABLE FLAME

[Image: 2PHncqI.gif]

permission for all except death and dismemberment.
** please tag naerys in replies **
replies slow? check here for status updates.

Messages In This Thread
Flowers in the depth of winter - by Naerys - 02-10-2016, 02:25 AM
RE: Flowers in the depth of winter - by December - 03-07-2016, 11:19 PM
RE: Flowers in the depth of winter - by Naerys - 03-24-2016, 02:20 AM