the Rift

[PRIVATE] don't let them in.

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark
You were never supposed to leave.
A sharp snort broke the air from the Thief to Kiuaji. She watched him with eyes that hinted as glares while he responded to her. “Yes, I’m aware of that. Though, that wasn’t what I was asking.” Her voice broke over the air. Ears flickering to the sounds from about the labyrinth as well as the poisoner before her. She needed to know the history of Tembovu and Mara. She needed to know not to make the same mistakes. She knew she couldn’t die. But what she didn’t know was the worry that balled up in the bottom of her heart at the idea that she could never be what he expected of her. Did Tembovu expect her to be a spitting image of Mara? Did he expect her to be his lover revived from the flames?

She was sure that Mara and her, despite their similarities, were worlds apart.

Then as his voice reached her creamy fluted ears, she studied him. Knowing that she couldn’t trust the creature, she could at least answer his question. She would be fine with telling him the Elephant’s history with her. About how they tear each other apart. About how they’re better off without one another – but the golden Thief couldn’t believe she could. So instead she looked away from him for a moment, thoughts landing on what exactly she could say about Rein. What exactly she was willing to say about the colt. The son of a Thief and a Priest.

Truthfully, Kiuaji, I didn’t choose to have my son.” Her head shifted back to look upon the striped stallion. “I can’t say that I didn’t want to have him. To say that your child was a mistake isn’t kind and I don’t want it to seem as though that’s how I view him. But he wasn’t supposed to happen.” Her head lowered briefly before she flicked her tail and lifted her head even higher than it was before. “Truthfully, I’m hopelessly in love with Tembovu.” She admitted, ears flickering with the nervousness of him knowing – but the hopes he might pass the word along.

We were in love. However, being in separate herds and our differences within them caused tension. Illnesses were gathered from different wars upon this very soil. Harsh words were passed, and we decided to try and live our lives separately. We decided that no matter how much we loved one another, we kept hurting each other. I didn’t want to be like Mara.” Her voice grew quieter at the mention of her name, but her azure gaze stayed sharp on the stag. “I never wanted him to think I was someone I wasn’t. Yet that’s all he’s done.” She shrugged slightly, trying to push off the sapphire eyes of Tembovu as she told him she was a Thief, how heartbroken and cautious he seemed after that. As if she had used him, when she couldn’t bear to let herself do such a thing. “And that’s when Rein happened.” Her voice dropped lower, more cautious in her wording. “I love him – I do. But as bad as it sounds, I wish every ounce of that child was his but I know deep down it never could be.

She stepped away from him then, one hoofstep backwards to look back at the section of the ground she was pawing at. “I found him a lion’s claw here. I told him I loved him. All while he thought another mare’s child was his own.

"Talk?"
image credits

@Kiuaji
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!

Messages In This Thread
don't let them in. - by Rexanna - 02-10-2016, 03:08 AM
RE: don't let them in. - by Kiuaji - 02-10-2016, 04:01 PM
RE: don't let them in. - by Rexanna - 02-10-2016, 11:05 PM
RE: don't let them in. - by Kiuaji - 02-11-2016, 12:27 PM
RE: don't let them in. - by Rexanna - 02-12-2016, 12:02 AM
RE: don't let them in. - by Kiuaji - 02-12-2016, 08:12 PM
RE: don't let them in. - by Rexanna - 02-13-2016, 04:49 AM
RE: don't let them in. - by Kiuaji - 02-17-2016, 01:32 AM
RE: don't let them in. - by Rexanna - 02-17-2016, 02:22 AM