the Rift

And nothing else compares.

Fiachra Posts: 21
Outcast atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3hh :: 5 - Ages at Birdsong HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Gebo
fiachra
Fiachra's delicate ears pricked in the direction of the new voice. She turned her body to face the newcomer. She shook her head, reminding herself that it was she who was the newcomer here. For all that she knew, this other person may well be a resident of this forest. She picked her way carefully through the dense vegetation in what she was sure was the right direction, careful not to slip on the frosty ground.

She soon broke through into what may as well pass for a clearing in this wood, where the trees opens a bit and the forest floor was less covered. Her eyes sought movement in the trees and were presently rewarded with the sight of another equine moving towards her. Though she was tired for her journey and in a strange and unfamiliar land, a smile split the mare's face despite herself. Here, at last, was a seemingly friendly face!

She lifted her face slightly and whickered a easy greeting. "Hello, over here!" she called across the clearing. As she drew closer to the other, she took in as many details as she could. Fiachra could tell by the smell that the equine was a mare, like her, but she looked young, as if she had not yet seen her second year. That was nothing to bother Fiachra, who was fairly young herself, but what a youngster was doing wandering these woods was beyond her. Was her herd nearby? Fillies in her homeland were not allowed to wander far until their third year, for fear of succumbing to... well... back to the present, you, she chided herself.

"Hello," she greeted again. She could not keep the smile from herself, so glad was she to be meeting another horse after months on the road alone. "Who are you, then?" she asked, forward as ever. "I am new to these lands, and I am looking for a place to rest my head for a time. Do you live here? Is your heard nearby? Or are you alone?" She looked down to notice a small fox-like creature at the girl's feet. "Oh! What a strange little thing! Does it belong to you?" She paused to catch her breath after this over-eager stream of questions and realized abruptly how foolish she must seem. Relief flooded her that it was such young mare who had found her first and not some high ruler of this land.

She sighed heavily, her forelock fluttering over her eyes as she bobbed her head into a polite bow. "Apologies...," she puffed, her voice quieter now that she had calmed down. "It has been an age since I've spoken with another... um... anyone," she offered by way of explanation for her absurd outburst.

"My name is Fiachra. What is yours, if I may ask?" She looked up and gave the Vraga a hopeful smile just as another equine leapt out of the trees before them. She did not jump, although she scolded herself for being so wrapped up in her desperation for company not to notice the hoof-beats of another's approach.

Turning to greet the third arrival, she found a heat rising to her face and could not stop the laugh that rose from her throat. This one was certainly full of himself and in a fine form by his theatrical entrance and tone of voice. She could not believe her luck! Two new friends in one day? Potential friends, she scolded herself inwardly. These are strangers to you, Fia, and you do not yet know their intentions.

Still, she could feel glee welling up in her heart at no longer being alone, for however long it lasted. "Well, hello there!" she laughed, her small smile now a full grin. "You're quite the spirited one, aren't you?"
Stock Credits

Please tag Fiachra in first posts only!
Minor force is fine, but please ask before inflicting lasting damage, etc.

Messages In This Thread
And nothing else compares. - by Fiachra - 02-10-2016, 03:18 PM
RE: And nothing else compares. - by Zahra - 02-10-2016, 06:16 PM
RE: And nothing else compares. - by Ezital - 02-10-2016, 07:24 PM
RE: And nothing else compares. - by Fiachra - 02-10-2016, 07:51 PM
RE: And nothing else compares. - by Zahra - 02-10-2016, 09:20 PM
RE: And nothing else compares. - by Ezital - 02-11-2016, 02:23 PM
RE: And nothing else compares. - by Fiachra - 02-12-2016, 01:37 AM
RE: And nothing else compares. - by Zahra - 02-13-2016, 05:25 PM
RE: And nothing else compares. - by Ezital - 02-13-2016, 07:09 PM
RE: And nothing else compares. - by Fiachra - 02-16-2016, 03:22 PM