the Rift

The Crimson Jade

Oultik Posts: 18
Outcast atk: 4.0 | def: 8.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.3 hh :: 7 Years HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Erakro :: Lion :: None TierRen
Oultik

"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong.

No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first.

And is waiting for it."

-Terry Pratchett

The lyrics of an angry ballad woke the groggy forest. Oultik's deep voice easily rang out changing the atmosphere of the Threshold. There were gaps in his singing that were clearly meant for another rowdy pair of lips and moments whenever an audience should have chanted words back at the ballad singers; but still Oultik did not miss a beat with his own part, because sometimes whenever you miss someone their voices can easily be heard even across the distances.

Although distance was relative to Oultik. The stallion thought little of it thanks to his magic. It annoyed him that he now had to be careful about where and when he traveled. That had not been the plan.

Oultik wore a crimson eyed, dragon of jade, curled around one of his horns as a daring statement. Jade had been a popular material for accessories where he had been staying but few pieces were as elaborate as his dragon. Oultik, one not to splurge on frivolous matters, had paid more than what he would ever tell the other Crimson Jade members. The dragon could breathe fire and despite his fear of the element he wore it as a statement to those who had burned his home to the ground.

The blue flames its ruby toothed mouth would spew out became his trademark. The crafter who had created the dragon had told him that she did it to match his eyes. Oultik had, of course, not mentioned that he feared fire but one of his own men had told her. Altering the color of the flame had been her way of attempting to make it easier for him. From that moment on he and Daetiin, the crafter, had formed a friendship. Oultik often teased her saying that she befriended him in the hopes that he would order another expensive item. Daetiin teased him saying that he stayed around hoping that she would feel bad and give him the money back.

Daetiin was the first civilian he had returned to after the Crimson Jade's first largely successful attack on the pegasi. "Oultik!" how wide her eyes had gone, "Do you not think that a unicorn fellow prancing about burning--" She lowered her voice at the word 'pegasi, "pegasi settlements to the ground will go unnoticed?" Why did she feel the need to say it in such a manner? Had he not proven to his own that they could, and would, destroy the bird brained?

"Of course not," he had told Daetiin, mocking her wide-eyed hurried whisper "Surely by now you know that I have a plan for everything." He had flicked his leonine tail under her nose with a sly smile and left promising to come back before acting on any new missions. As if Daetiin had thought she stood a chance at preventing the stallion from acting on a plan that he had already sorted out. Some say that fate laughs at the planning of mortals but those who knew Oultik would scoff at such a thought; none, mortal or immortal, laughed at Oultik's plans.

The problem with making such grand statements to single oneself out is that sometimes it works better than what was planned. Oultik had successfully made his face one known to the pegasi. Simply going on a stroll through the local woods had become something that would leave him susceptible to an attack by a pegasus. To begin with he had rejoiced in the attention. Oh, the names that they called him made him feel like such a success! Oultik had screwed with the imbeciles using his portals to bounce from one location to another. He and the rest of the Crimson Jade had laughed at their confusion as Oultik vanished from one place only to appear in another.  

Then the pegasi had given up on catching Oultik directly and turned to threatening his men and his friends. One afternoon whenever Fovol and Daetiin did not show at a planned outing Oultik had grown livid and had used a portal to go to Daetiin's shop. Once there he was greeted by his friend's frantic shouts for Oultik to flee. A pegasus particularly intent on his endeavors, after all a price had been put on Oultik's head, had found the stallion's most visited place and had dared to threaten those there. What a reckless plan.

That was a bird that Oultik had especially enjoyed unleashing his hungry flames upon.

The pegasi had gone as far as to follow Oultik about and to threaten his friends so the stallion was to be involved in his band and its quest for justice from afar. His magic would allow him to remain involved with his band but it would take his presence further from them most of the time. Today was a day he planned to visit them though.

Finding a tree with a split branch that he could wedge his dagger into Oultik rubbed his chin against the blade. The stallion had been traveling for some time and it did not delight him to see that his beard had grown out. Known for his steadfast ways in all things, Oultik did not wish to hear the playful taunts his men would deliver if he showed up with a grown out beard. On the other end of things it would end Rychinoh's gibes that insinuated that Oultik was only attempting to hide that he could not grow a full beard. Humming a brighter tune to himself Oultik thought happily of seeing his men. He would shave the beard away time after time, even if he began to prefer it longer, because he felt warmed whenever he returned to their taunting and teasing. It reminded Oultik of the brothers he lost to the fire.

OOC;; I am so not satisfied with this post. I lost the first version of this that I loved and it has just flopped about after that. I have rewritten this three times so I am going to stick with the good old 'the third time is a charm' thing and I am going to go with it. From here it will get better!

Once I can cash in my trades Oultik is officially getting his custom item. He has no idea that he has lost his magic yet.

[Image: outlik_pixel_by_danjahmouse_d9wbjh9_by_t...9zd0je.gif] [Image: VsRNHQ7.png]

Messages In This Thread
The Crimson Jade - by Oultik - 02-10-2016, 11:33 PM
RE: The Crimson Jade - by Myrrine - 02-11-2016, 01:11 AM
RE: The Crimson Jade - by Oultik - 02-11-2016, 03:35 PM
RE: The Crimson Jade - by Myrrine - 02-11-2016, 10:32 PM
RE: The Crimson Jade - by Oultik - 02-12-2016, 11:44 PM
RE: The Crimson Jade - by Myrrine - 02-17-2016, 09:36 PM
RE: The Crimson Jade - by Oultik - 02-25-2016, 12:58 AM
RE: The Crimson Jade - by Myrrine - 03-05-2016, 09:08 PM