the Rift

The Crimson Jade

Oultik Posts: 18
Outcast atk: 4.0 | def: 8.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.3 hh :: 7 Years HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Erakro :: Lion :: None TierRen
Oultik

"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong.

No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first.

And is waiting for it."

-Terry Pratchett

"Was that you singing? It sure was a beautiful voice. The song wasn't one I've heard before, where did you hear it?" Oultik did not respond immediately. Words spoken in such quick succession were clearly voiced without thought.

"Yes, it was I who sang." Did she see anyone else about? If it brought her to him then clearly it was he who sang. Was it such a feat to plan ones words? Too many voiced their thoughts before refining them. "I sang one," Oultik had planned on shaving his beard and would not alter that plan. So he spoke in-between touching up his beard. "And I hummed the other." He tilted his head this way and that to inspect his work. "The one hummed is a tune my people particularly like. It is a recent dancing tune. The other, that I sang, is a ballad that has been passed down many generations about a common man rallying a cowardly group of soldiers." It was Oultik's favorite song. In the end of the ballad the cowardly soldiers were disarmed by the common folk and were therefore replaced. Parts of the lyrics were rather comedic but there were also lines that riled Oultik up; that gave him inspiration to his cause.

"My name is Myrrine by the way. It's a pleasure to meet you sir." Now there was a well thought reply from the girl. Oultik softened some towards her whenever he was addressed with proper politeness. "I am Oultik." He nodded towards his dagger, "And that is Krukero." Oultik gave the dagger's name that others were to call it by. Krisorau, the weapon's true name, would only ever be known by the stallion. The dagger was his last tie to his past. He had received it on the last day that he saw his family, his friends, his people; his home, alive. A traditionalist in the strongest sense Oultik treasured the blade. To him it was more than a weapon. Krisorau was his comrade. Oultik expected others to treat it as such.

"Did you have to travel far to get here? I certainly hope not, I'm sure it would be rather tiring!" At her words Oultik stilled. Did she know who he was? Calmly, with a trace of disdain in his voice he answered her. If it was someone who knew of his past then they were quite desperate to have followed him this far. What could they possibly want? Oultik would not allow the desperate the satisfaction of seeing his surprise. "Of course I traveled. How else would I have gotten here?" Oultik's words spoke of his arrogance to think that Myrrine knew of his magic. He did not think that she may have simply meant traveling by hoof. And his accent told all that need be said about how far he may have come, it was obvious that he did not hail from this land nor any that bordered it closely. "I am quite tired. Where have I came to find myself Myrrine, dear?" The endearment was without any emotion on his part. The word was mere filler.

Taking one last look at his freshly cropped beard Oultik nodded in satisfaction before grabbing the dagger from the tree's grasp. He turned to place it in its sheath and finally caught sight of the one he had been speaking too. His eyes widened in surprise and a few blue sparks rose from the jade dragon's mouth. Oultik sheathed Krisorau and turned completely towards the pegasus. Silently he stepped towards the girl to tower over her grimly.

Oultik's dual colored eyes flicked from her face to her wings repeatedly as he planned his actions. Did this girl hail from the same place as he? Was she sent as a clever chance at getting him to lower his guard? Allowing his eyes to settle on her face they narrowed intent on catching any sign of recognition or emotion on Myrrine's face besides her seemingly permanent bubbly state. "Do you know me?" His words were as cool as the Frostfall air.

OOC;; @Myrrine

[Image: outlik_pixel_by_danjahmouse_d9wbjh9_by_t...9zd0je.gif] [Image: VsRNHQ7.png]

Messages In This Thread
The Crimson Jade - by Oultik - 02-10-2016, 11:33 PM
RE: The Crimson Jade - by Myrrine - 02-11-2016, 01:11 AM
RE: The Crimson Jade - by Oultik - 02-11-2016, 03:35 PM
RE: The Crimson Jade - by Myrrine - 02-11-2016, 10:32 PM
RE: The Crimson Jade - by Oultik - 02-12-2016, 11:44 PM
RE: The Crimson Jade - by Myrrine - 02-17-2016, 09:36 PM
RE: The Crimson Jade - by Oultik - 02-25-2016, 12:58 AM
RE: The Crimson Jade - by Myrrine - 03-05-2016, 09:08 PM