the Rift

The Crimson Jade

Myrrine Posts: 179
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 5.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 3 (Orangemoon) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Watermel0nBob

The response she received from him was not one she had been entirely expecting. Yet she listened quietly to his explanation as his blade stroked itself close to his chin. She watched in minor fascination as pieces of his beard began to fall, long lashes blinking slowly as she let the words he spoke register. She couldn't help but have a curiosity towards him, the way he moved and spoke was so different to what she was used to, and his seemingly lack of interest in anything she said was enough to make her wonder what he was truly like. Was this his real personality? Or was it merely a front? Was he naturally someone who thought himself better than others based on traits she was not aware of? These questions spun round and round in her mind as she let him continue, responding to her fluidly without missing a beat.

Upon introducing his dagger she looked toward it more closely, eyes growing wide with child-like curiosity as she peered closer, but only so close as to get a better view without him feeling invaded. The blade had a dragon's face, with stunning eyes made of jewels and a sharp blade at the end. After a moment she smiled, looking back up at the man and continuing softly in her cheerful tone," It's a pleasure to meet you and your dagger once again Sir Oultik." She was about to say more, to simply keep their pleasant conversation going, when it suddenly turned in a different direction, and the unicorn's attitude suddenly changed. Instinctively she took a slight step back, watching him almost warily with her large hazel eyes. She hadn't expected such a response from him, but perhaps she shouldn't have been so forward and friendly to someone still trying to get used to their new surroundings. So she swallowed hard for a minute, pausing to let her anxiousness settle, before she finally nodded her head and began to speak again:

" I.... I suppose you're right. Please forgive my... obvious question." She looked away suddenly, almost feeling ashamed for making him upset. She didn't know what she had done wrong but whatever she had done he hadn't liked it, and now their conversation was turning into something she hadn't wanted it to turn into. Blinking back the thought of tears that threatened to appear she watched him again, trying to remain friendly and smiley though it was hard to do so with this building guilt. It was only when the question after rolled off his tongue did she look into his eyes once more, ears pricked forward and curious at his sudden change of wording once more. He gave her a nickname yet there was no sweetness laced within the words, he called her by a name but almost as if he were speaking to an object or a random creature asking for directions; not someone he was just before having a normal chat with. It kind of hurt her, to be treated in such a way, but surely he didn't mean to come off like that.

There were plenty of people who simply acted blunt and impersonal because they didn't know how to express any other emotions, or they felt it wasn't necessary or even because they were too nervous to respond in any other way. The list went on and on in the spotted maiden's mind as she tried to figure out just what caused the sudden backlash from the spotted unicorn. Her eyes searched his entire body once more for a sign, a flick of his tail or an adverted gaze, anything to reveal his inner secrets. Yet what she came up with was simply nothing, and she was left watching him curiously, her answer leaving her lips without her putting much thought into it," This is Helovia, welcome." Again, a smile tried to press onto her inky maw, her eyes flickered with a soft glimmer of light and hope that maybe he could see she wasn't so bad after all, but it turns out that was not to be dealt in the cards today.

His final question cut into her like a sharp knife, cold and stinging and it was enough to cause her to flinch back. Her ears flattened nervously, wings drooping and eyes watching him in uncertainty at yet another wave of a different emotion. What caused him to be so paranoid and worried about who she was? She was just Myrrine, the spotted girl with the wings everyone seemed to be so obsessed about. She couldn't help that they sprouted on her back when she came here, and she couldn't help the fact that they brought her so much attention. The Gods have given them to her, blessed her with this gift in hope of giving her a richer life, and yet so far it seemed to be quite the hindrance on the poor lamb. Biting her lip and shrinking back from him, she searched his expression almost pleadingly, begging him to help her understand what it was he wanted. She wanted to cry right now, to cover her face and shy away from his intimidating stare, but part of her felt that she needed to give him an answer or he would never be satisfied.

" N-No..." she spluttered out at last, looking at him in confusion and shock but most of all hurt. Why would she know him? She had just met him and now he was interrogating her like she was the enemy. Before she could stop it the tears began to fall, thick and hot that left dark grey lines in their place as she tried to overcome her emotions. Sniffling she quickly moved to wipe them away on her legs, choking back a few hiccups before finally regaining her composure. She would get through this, she would finish talking to him and help him realize she truly meant no harm. All she had wanted to do was be his friend today, nothing more. After taking a deep mental breath she lifted her head and stared right into his eyes, taking a step forward in a sudden act of courage," I don't know who you are. I only know what you have told me. You are Oultik, and you sang a song about rallying soldiers to gain courage and fight, and you hummed a song people near your home liked. You have a dagger named Krukero. I'm afraid that is all I can tell you Sir, as that is all you have told me."

She sucked in a sharp breath, trying to fight back the tears again and to choke down the sobs that threatened to burst out with each passing second. Why was this so hard? Why was she so worked up about this? It was as if something inside of her was breaking at the thought that he would get the wrong idea about her. Myrrine never wanted anyone to misunderstand, she didn't want anyone to feel hurt, or to feel pain or confusion, all she wanted was to make others happy, and right now she was failing miserably. It was eating her up inside that she couldn't help him through this, that she couldn't understand and show him that she would be there every step of the way until he figured this out. It was all a crumbling mess and no matter how hard she tried she couldn't pick up the pieces. She looked away into the forest quietly, hoping the different view would grant her enough of a distraction to let her gain more momentum. When she felt ready to face him again hazel gaze met mismatched blue, and her voice spoke in a low, hushed, almost whisper," I don't know what I have done to upset you or make you question me. If I could fix it then I would happily do so. All I would like to do is understand, if you would let me. I would like to understand you more and what you're feeling Oultik."

OOC: Myrrine did a thing...

MYRRINE
Life's too short to live simply

semperfeisty | xxtgxxstock @dA | leeorr-stock @dA | jerry oldenettel @ flickr

@Oultik
Any force is permitted aside from death or maiming
PLEASE TAG ME IN POSTS! :3

Messages In This Thread
The Crimson Jade - by Oultik - 02-10-2016, 11:33 PM
RE: The Crimson Jade - by Myrrine - 02-11-2016, 01:11 AM
RE: The Crimson Jade - by Oultik - 02-11-2016, 03:35 PM
RE: The Crimson Jade - by Myrrine - 02-11-2016, 10:32 PM