the Rift

The Crimson Jade

Oultik Posts: 18
Outcast atk: 4.0 | def: 8.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.3 hh :: 7 Years HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Erakro :: Lion :: None TierRen
Oultik

"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong.

No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first.

And is waiting for it."

-Terry Pratchett

"It's a pleasure to meet you and your dagger once again Sir Oultik." He nodded absently in acknowledgment of her words. Only the flicking of his tail manifested to show his approval at Myrrine's including of Krisorau. Most did not include a dagger in their niceties. "This is Helovia, welcome." Helovia? Oultik liked the musical lilt to the name of the land. For that reason he decided that he would give the place a look around to see if it would suit him. If this Helovia suited his plans then he would stay.

Guilt. Was that what made her so emotional? Why else would she be crying so easily? Surely he had not said anything that should have brought tears about. Oultik sent away his own foundless guilt that began to stir in his own chest at the sight of tears. It would be foolish, no reckless, of him to allow himself to give in to emotions just because the pegasus before him was young and delicate; after all, she was still one of the birds.

"N-No.." Oultik was fascinated by her sudden forthcoming of confidence. He listened to her words with an amused tilt of his head. The stallion did not step forward nor backward, he remained in place even as she drew so close.  "I don't know who you are. I only know what you have told me. You are Oultik, and you sang a song about rallying soldiers to gain courage and fight, and you hummed a song people near your home liked. You have a dagger named Krukero. I'm afraid that is all I can tell you Sir, as that is all you have told me." Oultik's expression did not change as he listened to her speak.

The look of amusement remained on his features even as he took Myrrine and her words into more serious consideration. Now that he gave it thought it was unlikely that the pegasi would have sent one like the girl to stand before him. Not only had he never seen wings like hers before but he also assumed them to be quite delicate. If they had sent such a weakling to him the even the pegasi would have known it to be a suicide mission. It did not seem to be their style. Even the bird brained valued their own.

"Mercy, mercy me." Oultik shook his head, "Oh, do not continue your blubbering." The man softened slightly towards the girl. His guard was still up and he felt no kindness towards the wings upon her back, but she had referred to Krukero by name. Had she been of different race he would have called her friend on the spot. Most, even from where he hailed from, did not take the dagger seriously; but she had, at least to some extent. "If another questions you or doubts you," his advice was given in thanks for calling his dagger by name, "do not react as you have towards me. It arouses suspicion and can lead to hastily made actions." Not that Oultik would do anything hastily. He was better than that.

"I don't know what I have done to upset you or make you question me. If I could fix it then I would happily do so. All I would like to do is understand, if you would let me. I would like to understand you more and what you're feeling Oultik." "What was done cannot be fixed." Oultik remembered the thirsty flames that had swallowed his home. His eyes glistened at the remembered burn of the thick smoke. His ears pinned in remembrance of the screams that had carried final breaths. The stallion cleared his throat uncomfortably, "But it is not your wrongdoing." It was his first time meeting a pegasus that was not to blame for what had happened.

"Are there more like you?" He was genuinely curious about her answer. Oultik wondered if she was a typical Helovian in appearance. The unicorn would have to apply such knowledge to his plans.

OOC;; @Myrrine
[Image: outlik_pixel_by_danjahmouse_d9wbjh9_by_t...9zd0je.gif] [Image: VsRNHQ7.png]

Messages In This Thread
The Crimson Jade - by Oultik - 02-10-2016, 11:33 PM
RE: The Crimson Jade - by Myrrine - 02-11-2016, 01:11 AM
RE: The Crimson Jade - by Oultik - 02-11-2016, 03:35 PM
RE: The Crimson Jade - by Myrrine - 02-11-2016, 10:32 PM
RE: The Crimson Jade - by Oultik - 02-12-2016, 11:44 PM
RE: The Crimson Jade - by Myrrine - 02-17-2016, 09:36 PM
RE: The Crimson Jade - by Oultik - 02-25-2016, 12:58 AM
RE: The Crimson Jade - by Myrrine - 03-05-2016, 09:08 PM