the Rift

The Crimson Jade

Oultik Posts: 18
Outcast atk: 4.0 | def: 8.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.3 hh :: 7 Years HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Erakro :: Lion :: None TierRen
Oultik

"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong.

No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first.

And is waiting for it."

-Terry Pratchett

"I'm aftaid you'd need to be more specific Sir... I don't know what it is about me you're asking about. I am simply Myrrine, I don't really think about myself that often... if that makes sense." Oultik's hide twitched as if it were pestered by flies. He was uncharacteristically uncomfortable. "Your --" his eyes went skywards as if saying a prayer before committing a sacrilegious action. "Your.. Oultik tapped a hoof and licked his lips while averting his eyes from those of the pegasus so nearby, "uhm..wings," The word was a whisper on his tongue. One so unaccustomed to being said without scorn that the it was timid to pass the threshold of his lips in an attempt at civil conversation. The distaste that still vaguely tainted his question was not intentionally nor consciously placed. "Are your wings typical for those in Helovia?" Oultik did not allow Myrrine time to answer the first before drilling her with another, "The ratio of unicorn to--," lesser equines, "other equines; what is it like?"

Having voiced the questions Oultik allowed his eyes to slide back down to Myrrine. How many times had his men complained that Oultik was too quick to lash out before speaking? More than either he or them, for that matter, could count. He had proven himself; not that Oultik thought it necessary to prove anything about himself to her. Still, he would later reward himself for such a moment. He of all unicorns had asked the questions in a relatively cordial manner.

Oultik carried some of the same perplexed expression as Myrrine. Where did her cheer stem from? How had it managed to hold on even as life had surely tried to uproot it? To Oultik the thought of a life lived without tragedy's presence was a fantasy; a tall tale told to the young before putting them to bed. "You are.." The stallion's eyes traced the mark of a tear up to her eyes lit with curiosity, "emotional." Oultik was not cruel with the statement, after all, it was not Myrrine's fault that she was one of the bird brained.  

OOC;; @Myrrine sorry, this post fought me tooth and nail.  
[Image: outlik_pixel_by_danjahmouse_d9wbjh9_by_t...9zd0je.gif] [Image: VsRNHQ7.png]

Messages In This Thread
The Crimson Jade - by Oultik - 02-10-2016, 11:33 PM
RE: The Crimson Jade - by Myrrine - 02-11-2016, 01:11 AM
RE: The Crimson Jade - by Oultik - 02-11-2016, 03:35 PM
RE: The Crimson Jade - by Myrrine - 02-11-2016, 10:32 PM
RE: The Crimson Jade - by Oultik - 02-12-2016, 11:44 PM
RE: The Crimson Jade - by Myrrine - 02-17-2016, 09:36 PM
RE: The Crimson Jade - by Oultik - 02-25-2016, 12:58 AM
RE: The Crimson Jade - by Myrrine - 03-05-2016, 09:08 PM