the Rift

A Leader's Ear [Kri]

Leander the LionHeart Posts: 184
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 8
Epona
L E A N D E R

Standing near the base of the relic tree, the stallion considered the array of questions that had been sweeping through his mind like the snows across the Throat. The battle of the Edge was foremost on his tormented head, above even Faelene, though the dark mare was tied into all his worries now. He'd seen the ex-King Mauja in the Threshold, blatantly trying to pull unwitting Unicorns into the remnants of his defeated band. They were holed up in the thick cold of the North wilds, apparently regrouping and healthy enough to seek recruits. The knowledge had left a bad taste in his mouth, ever fueling the hunger for another attack on the foolish brute that Faelene followed so dearly. Trouble was on the wind, Leander knew all to well. The racist Unicorns would not let one defeat prove their wrongs. No; the sick of mind were never so quick to take the right path.

Drawn from his musings, white lined orbs caught a flash of umber sheen in the skies. With her usual aura of steady assurance, his leader descended from the blue. She was a dart of muscle and flaxen silk as she flew to meet him on the cold ground. A beautiful mare, if you asked him, though to ever tell her would be a mistake. For she was a leader, and that power did not come without the massive strength of wit and body he knew she had. It had sparked curiousity that Kri took no mate, no one to share her heavy burden of responsibility and decision making. Only the whole of the members of the Throat, many of which were probably too preoccupied with their own goings on to think much about the solemn sultana. Jouncing thick cream locks, the charger dipped his head in a gesture of great respect. "Hello, Kri." He spoke with husky chords and a gently raising crown. "It is good to see you well after the battle." A smile of warmth found his lips, the victory of the endeavor not far from his thoughts. Taking a step closer to his petite ally, Leander continued. "I have not gotten the chance to speak much with you in my time here. Will you talk with me for a while?" He asked her with the understanding that someone in her position would often be too busy for light conversation. Hopefully the henna matriarch would have time enough to spare. After a patient pause, the golden draft decided to relay his recent findings. Kri might already have caught wind of Mauja and his horde's doings, but the matter was something that needed discussion. "I have some information that may be of importance. In my last patrol of the Threshold, I encountered Mauja. He was out trying to lure a new member into his group. They've taken refuge to the North, or so he said. It sounds like the ex-Edge Unicorns are regrouping there. I fear they may be planning retaliation against us and the Qian."

Messages In This Thread
A Leader's Ear [Kri] - by Leander - 10-12-2012, 10:11 PM
RE: A Leader's Ear [Kri] - by Kri - 10-13-2012, 08:18 PM
RE: A Leader's Ear [Kri] - by Leander - 10-13-2012, 09:17 PM
RE: A Leader's Ear [Kri] - by Kri - 10-19-2012, 02:51 PM
RE: A Leader's Ear [Kri] - by Leander - 10-20-2012, 05:56 PM
RE: A Leader's Ear [Kri] - by Kri - 11-08-2012, 09:04 PM
RE: A Leader's Ear [Kri] - by Leander - 11-13-2012, 07:52 AM