the Rift

[OPEN] This time, don't need another perfect line [Birthing]

Glacia Posts: 111
Aurora Basin Medic atk: 4.0 | def: 8.0 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 Years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Name :: Snowy Owl :: None Nessie

A gasp tore from my throat, as something happened. Fear began to rip into my very soul, my being, my essence. Something is wrong.

It was all wrong. My belly became taught, and slack, spasming randomly and for varied lengths of time. My nose swung round to touch it, panic causing my heart to beat faster, as the realization of what was going on exactly. It was time. A mumbled string of no's came from my mouth, and yet I felt as if I hadn't spoke.

This can't be happening. Not now. Not here. I need... I need dad. I need him, Gods I can't do this alone.

My body is moving, trying to pull myself closer to home, it wasn't that far away after all. I could make it? Couldn't I? My body began it's fateful trudge. The only thing driving me forward was the insistent fear of having to deliver this child by myself. I couldn't do it. I couldn't handle it. But it was to late. I couldn't make it that far. My body refused to. My body betrayed me.

It didn't take it long either. Soon I was standing drenched in sweat, from both trying to make it home, and the contractions as my body tried to expel the child from my womb. Shakily I lowered myself to the ground, barely making it to safety without collapsing and hurting myself. The contractions where getting worse, and longer, and so much stronger, some causing yells of pain to erupt from my throat, before returning to the sobbing mess that I was. At some point during the ordeal, I yelled out for my dad, and my mom, but it more than likely was incoherent screeching.

It seemed to take hours, and at some point I had given up the screaming, the yells for help, the yells for my parents.... They faded away, as my mind and body focused and accepted the job it needed to do. Sweat drenched my coat and body, causing a glistening steam to raise from me. But I pushed, I refused to stop. Every push got me closer to this being over. At some point I heard the slick sound of something sliding out, and a release of pressure. With some reserve strength my head lifted to see the white and black body of my child. Rhoa's child. A smile lifted my features, and a soft coo rose from my throat before the smile faded. Something was wrong with him. My fore legs stretched out to pull myself around to him, changing places with my hind end to be closer. "Baby, momma's here.. Sweet thing, your okay. Why aren't you making noise... Why.. Why aren't you breathing. Baby, breath for momma." Each word became more frantic, and my instincts kicked in I began licking him, cleaning him, every try more panicked than before. Soon, I had accepted that he wasn't alive, and I felt my world shatter.

My heart bore pain that I had never experienced before. I didn't want to live anymore. I couldn't physically go on. I just starred at his white body blankly. I was vaguely aware of more contractions, but I let them come, head curled around his small body. At some point they stopped, but I refused to look. I couldn't bear to look. My heart was already so shattered. A small whinny echoed in my ears, but I blamed it on my mind playing tricks on me. The other one was dead too. So I curled my head tightly around Vidar's white body, eyes shut tight. I had failed him. I had failed them. I had failed Rhoa.

I wasn't meant for this. I couldn't do this. My head raised to look at the other child, who looked at me with his turquoise eyes, and I broke down. Tears streamed down my dark face, as I somehow stood, and moved to the other child. Blankly I cleaned him. My gaze wandering back to Vidar's motionless form, before coming back to the dark child. "Hello Kvasir.... I'm sorry... I can't... I..." My voice faded away as looked over my child's form. He as so beautiful. But I couldn't take care of him. My heart was gone. Vidar took it with him when he was born. My world was shattered around the fact that I was too incompetent to carry children in my womb. My head hung low stroking his black wings, recognizing that he had some of Rhoa, and some of me. A small turquoise lump was on his forehead, a horn. He was such a perfect mixture of us. They both where. But Vidar hadn't made it.

I wasn't sure if I could survive that.

"Speech goes here."

Glacia
Slow down, it's a science
Credit

@Mauja
@Ahvelyn
@Rhoa
@Ilios

This is open to anyone and everyone! So, feel free to throw peeps in here to see completely emotionally dead Glacia. <3

Messages In This Thread
This time, don't need another perfect line [Birthing] - by Glacia - 02-11-2016, 06:36 PM