the Rift

[OPEN] This time, don't need another perfect line [Birthing]

Ivezho Posts: 71
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.0 hh :: 5 HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Zhoroakah :: Wedge-tailed Eagle :: None Whit
IVEZHO

Ivezho had to wonder at how rapidly his life had gotten so complicated.

He supposed it was bound to happen, when one actually allowed oneself to live, rather than hide away, and pretend he didn't exist, or that his existence didn't matter to the world. It was a shocking realisation, buffeted by a comforting one, that perhaps he did matter, perhaps he was worth something after all.

He was going to be an uncle. He was trying to be more of a brother to his siblings. He had friends - and that was probably the most comforting realisation he had made yet. Even with all his inadequacies, all his insecurities, he could still say he had friends, people he could trust, people he loved and wanted to help, and spend time with just because - it was all so new to him, these things he should have learned when he was younger, that he, through his own ignorance, had denied himself…

He was travelling, north from his home (most everything was north from his home), hoping to come across one of the aforementioned friends he had made recently. At least, he hoped she was a friend - she was his brother's mate, at the very least, mother of his soon-to-be niece or nephew.

The time had to be nearing when she was expected to welcome this new life into the world, and Ivezho didn't want to miss it. He was excited, happy, almost leaping out of his skin with anticipation, as he traversed the skies in hopes of being allowed to the World's Edge and asking after Glacia's wellbeing. He hoped his brother didn't take his impatience the wrong way - Ivezho had done enough of dilly-dallying, enough of 'waiting for the moment to come to him', he was ready to take it for himself, to seek it out and claim it as his own.

Not that he was going to claim Glacia as his own - no, but she was a friend, a sister-in-law, and he cared about her wellbeing, if only for that reason alone.

So when he saw a figure struggling to stand in the Grove, with not one but two smaller figures nearby, his heart leapt in his chest, and he circled a path lower, and lower to the ground, until he landed quietly.

Ready to greet the familiar form of Glacia, and the two nephews who laid at her feet, Ivezho wore a smile of genuine pleasure and excitement - which soon turned to ice-cold fear and concern as he actually listened, and saw, that the mare was weeping.

And then he saw that she was weeping as she cleaned the perfect combination of genetics of herself and Rhoa, while another laid in silence nearby. No, he denied the thought any purchase in his mind, instinctively willing the child to live.

"Glacia -," he said, but he didn't know what to say beyond that - what did one say in this situation? 'I'm sorry' didn't seem enough, 'I'm devastated' was entirely too selfish of him.

So he moved, in silence, to her side, offering, as he had once before to the mare, a wing to comfort her with - he would sling it over her shoulders if she willed it, while his gaze roamed between the living and the dead.

Ivezho was an uncle. But he was so much more than that now, too.

Coding by Tamme

please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
I write what I feel at the time
and hope everyone else does the same c:

Messages In This Thread
RE: This time, don't need another perfect line [Birthing] - by Ivezho - 02-12-2016, 11:01 PM