the Rift

[OPEN] This time, don't need another perfect line [Birthing]

Kvasir Posts: 25
Outcast
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 16.3 :: 2 years
Adoptable

The temperature hit me like a brick. With a plop, I was out. I was here. Something felt gone however, empty. I couldn't figure out what it was. But I felt it. I felt a whole lot. Within moments I am shivering in this freezing environment. My turquoise eyes open, and very quickly squeeze shut again. It was to bright. To cold. Instinctively I curled tightly, trying to keep warm. My eyes slowly open, peeking through my lashes as my eyes slowly adjusted to the light. I could feel warmth coming from behind me. As well with a soft sound. A sad sound. My head lifted to look over my shoulder at the warmth and the sound. I saw a large head curled around something white and black. A soft whinny echoed from my muzzle, and instinctual noise. I do not know her, the crying woman, but I love her. I want to comfort her, for whatever sadness ailed her. But I was also cold, and a pang in my stomach made me eager to grab hold of something with my gums. 

But she refuses to look at me. She doesn't even move. She continues her crying. She doesn't look at me, I am here freezing to death, and she's crying over some little lump. But my heart still aches. Something is odd about that lump. Something is familiar about it. But I don't know what it is. Instead I stare at her tear stained face. Hoping she will see me, as I stare hopefully and shiver violently. 

It takes forever, but she finally investigates. Her legs push her up shakily, along with blocking the lump she was crying on. But the tears don't stop coming. She moves to me, and a soft nicker escapes from my lips. It is low, and thankful for her warm tongue, and heated body. Her words are soft, but I know not what she says. I instead take pleasure in the soft sounds of her voice. Her sad voice. One word stands out, Kvasir. The way she said it was so important sounding, so I figured it had to be important.

We are not left long on our own however, and a big man joins us. My eyes are torn from her at the sound of the man landing, and I stare at him. He seems hopeful at first, excited. A jig is in his step, until he see's her tears, and something else apparently. Her legs block me, so I can't see what it is that he saw, or rather suspected he saw. It must have been awful, whatever it was. A word comes from his mouth. His voice is deeper, rougher than hers. But it held the sadness too. But it wasn't... As broken as hers.

He comes closer, carefully. The big wings he had lifted towards her, offering her some form of comfort. My young mind tries desperately to understand, and wants to know why everyone is so sad. I was here! Be happy!!! A whinny escapes my lips, trying to cheer them up. But the emptiness ached deeper. I was missing something in my soul.

My attention is turned to the wing the man held out to her. My muscles strained, but shakily I held mine out, if only for a moment, before letting it drop. I tried again, moving one around floppily. It made me smile, and I looked at how they stood, and I began to try. Several times my legs buckled from under me, but she was watching. That's all I wanted... It's all I really needed.  
"Talk."

Kvasir
Mama, just killed a man
Put a gun against his head
Pulled my trigger, now he's dead
Mama, life had just begun
But now I've gone and thrown it all away
Mama, ooo
Didn't mean to make you cry

All are good to go on posting!!! <3
[Image: 56a07107f15a9]

Messages In This Thread
RE: This time, don't need another perfect line [Birthing] - by Kvasir - 02-16-2016, 01:21 AM