the Rift

[OPEN] This time, don't need another perfect line [Birthing]

Rhoa Posts: 175
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 3 HP: 65 | Buff: ENDURE
Odd

[Sorry, I thought it was weird to skip over Jen, but -shrug-]

...he wasn't breathing when he came out..

Her words settle upon my like raindrops on an already frozen mind. I feel them, but they are far away, distant, muffled. What does it matter if he wasn't breathing when he came out? I vaguely wonder, stroking the thought as if through a fog. I wasn't breathing when I came out, either. That didn't matter. He could still be saved. All he needed was a healer -

She says his name - Vidar - and for a moment i'm stupified. How could ... how could my son have been named, and then have died (or was it the other way around?) all before I arrived? Shakily my gaze swung, drunkenly, to those assembled.  There was a heat in my eyes, a scathing accusatory stare, meant for each of them, as if it was their collective fault that Glacia had done so much of this without me. As if it was their fault that she had to.

I'm sorry, gaezo. Ivezho's words. But why was he sorry? All the boy needed was a healer, and why wasn't anyone getting him one?! Why were they all just standing around?! My mind wouldn't accept that he was dead, and that there was nothing I could do. Seconds ago I had no paternal instinct, and now I was practically drowning in it, made self-righteous in my anger and my demands by the lives spilled on the ground before me.

Take Kvasir... You can care for him. I can't. He deserves more than a husk as a mother... He deserves a better life than I can provide.

Before I could mumble, healer again, Glacia was speaking. She had moved past the death of the boy, his perfection and the lack of aid any of us could provide for him now, to shuffling the living twin away. In this moment, I realized that I didn't know Glacia at all. My eyes grew wide in horror, and the mounting and immediate panic and rage within my breast was suddenly given voice by someone behind me.

Get the fuck away from my grandson.

I took respite in that voice - a voice I knew as Mauja and now considered some sort of bizarrely formed ally. For a moment I thought I would be alone in what seemed to now be a battle of custody - a battle I hadn't even known I would have to wage. Knowing that I wasn't, gave me the seconds I needed to dip my head towards another voice who had addressed me. The living twin.

"Rizh" I breathed towards him, and the word sounded strange on my tongue. Son. And then I used the name Glacia had given him."Kvasir." Which sounded equally as foreign.  My muzzle pressed against the softness of his newly formed skin, and I exhaled warmly and deeply against his little body. 

Without raising my eyes from my child - my son - I spoke. 
"No." My voice was forceful and calm, despite the nearly hysterical tone it had taken on just a few moments prior. "If he will not stay with Glacia, he will come with me, to the Throat. Nearly all of his family on my side resides there and -" For a moment I paused, considering something before speaking. "And we are on good terms with the rest of the herds." 

My gaze hadn't left Kvasir's, and the warm pulse of my embering wings glowed against his body gently. "You are, of course, welcome to come live in the Throat as well, Glacia." I offered, almost as an after thought. If she was so cavalier about giving the babe up, then surely she wouldn't want to follow us into a new home. But, the offer was open, should she wish it. 

rhoa
these seconds when i'm shaking leave me shuddering for days

Messages In This Thread
RE: This time, don't need another perfect line [Birthing] - by Rhoa - 03-25-2016, 11:25 AM